Led Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led Lights

How far up should I hang a 750wt led light above my two week old plants?

Hello 77, Led light manufacturers rate their lights in a different way. Mine says it got 300 watts but when you plug it in the wall it only uses 145 at the wall, and the 145watts is what you go by, most manufacturers are like that.
    What kind of light is yours ?
    Is the 750watts at the wall or is that what the manufacturer says?
    If the 750watts are the actual power draw, I would start by hanging it at least 26-32 inches maybe higher depending on how your young plants react .
    Hope that helps some,what did your light maker have in their instructions?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Each manufacturer is different- for each light.
      You can start at 30" from the top of the canopy and see how the plant reacts and let the plant grow into the light for awhile.

Plants in veg do not need much light.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

My 300w, 150w actual says 24-36" from seedlings 24' in veg and 18-24' in bloom. But, I run it a few inches lower than recommended.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
          Weed Pharma commented
          Editing a comment
          That is about right for 300w LED-
          When you get above 600w the distances increase and then again when you get to 1200w LED's.
          I learnt the hard way and fried a crop using the same distance for all wattages for LED's.

• qwertyonion
          qwertyonion commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely, was looking at 1200 and realized it would never fit decently in my current setup. Potential basement build.... Maybe.....

Regardless of what the LED manufacturers say on their packages on how high to hang them or how many watts they claim to have, I always start my LED lights at around 40" above my plants. Especially for 2-week old plants.Then throughout that same day I monitor the plant's reaction to see if they want more or less light. When all is said and done, they usually like starting off between 34" - 36". In time I slowly work my way down to the lower 20's. Monitoring the plant's reaction is important at such a young stage, especially with LED's IMO.
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I started my 1500 watt LED at 40 inches when they were a few days old. They are just coming into the 2 week mark. I now have the light at 22 inches. Lowered yesterday and so far so good. I'm aiming for 18 inches final height but will have to wait and see.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Welcome, Felicia. I give seedlings a bit of distance-30-40 inches if the fixture doesn't have any dimming function. After a few sets of leaves I will lower the lamp 6"/day until I begin to see some light stress/bleaching, then I raise them 6".
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X