need some advice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some advice!!

Some of you lovely people have mentioned that your using a/c units for temp control. I live in az, very hot in summer, humidity is generally 0 - 5% daily. I am switching to LED's (should be delivered today!) do any of you have suggestions I just haven't thought of or lack of experience?? Umma be checking back periodically all day for any answers, THANK YOU ALL in advance!!

Im sorry I dnt quite get ur question?

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking for a portable A/C unit for my tent for the summer grows. My question is, can any body suggest a good, reasonably priced unit?

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a 12,000btu cool mist and it works great for upto 2000watts worth of hids

If I was getting a new LED ,i would get the same kind Mcubed476 has got, i know they grow some awesome bud.
    They are called Autocobs, and they are powerful.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sorry Grand ,I thought you were looking for a light, man that vipar450 is a good one, good luck with it.

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      Those vipraspectras work awesome!!!! Another good cheap brand is bestva

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Was gunna get a bestva, but I had concerns with getting a 1000w light cheaper than the 300w I bought.

Well, keep a few cans of water in the tent, helps keep hum up. Not a lot, but something. Then, add a milk jug with a 250 ml of water, 1 cup sugar and a tbsp of yeast. This will add c02 which plants like in higher temps.

A swamp chiller may be the best option if you can find one that wont break your budget. Will cool down and up the humidity, where as an ac will mostly just cool.

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      I will look into swamp coolers! Thx I have added co2 and humidifier just in case thx again!!

If I lived out there, I would definitely be giving my plants some silica and kelp works great high temperatures and heat stress, if your tent ain't air tight that co2 ain't gonna help.
    ps read what Nebula says about co2, or read what anyone says about it. It's a waste if you got low powered lights.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-09-2017, 04:27 PM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Think its the first time grow paranoia, helps put my mind at ease. Don't think id ever use a co2 regulator on my small grow. I save those for my fish tanks hahaha. Going to pick out a new puppy tomorrow so will most definitely be a great weekend. You too mate, cheers!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't do without any of my old dogs or puppies, lots better than most folks.
      Had Labs all my life.

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely make life more enjoyable, lost my Bernese mountain dog to cancer last year at only 3. So It will be nice to have another dog around, Great Pyrenees.

Do u grow in hydro because that shoud raise your rh a bit
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm using bubbleponics for the first time, as per sirius!! Many new upgrades this grow.

Wooohooo!! The upgrades are arriving!!

Comment

• abadtrip
      abadtrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice u will like them.

• tyler_ hobbyist
      Editing a comment
      If u want some solid advice! Remove the glass panels, they block all uvb light and reduce ur par by 15-20 percent so ur looseing useable light energy. Its very easy unscrew the sides and it pops right off then just remove the glass and put back together, takes 5mins and its well worth it!

Congrats man!! ( my internet has been fixed finally, down for 2 weeks) I will be able to keep up again.

Happy upgrade season.

Madman

Comment

A freind of mine keeps his at 6inchs and he yeilded 5oz dry for 1 auto but he used 2 lights and some growers tricks.

Comment

• GRAND
        GRAND commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey that's good news! I bought 2 450w, I turned them on and damn near blinded myself, LoL. Imma grow 1 gg#4 and 1 GSC both auto's.

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Post a log or something. I want to see your grow from start to finish.

Happy growing.

Madman

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        Where did you buy both those auto's iv been serching for both those strains in autos!!!

U will notice with those lights u will want to add co2!!!! They are strong lights. Either water sugar yeast in a jug and refill once a week or if ur growing in a 4x4 tent then my best recomendation would be to buy 2 co2 bags (exhale co2 bags) work amazing I highly recomend them if ur useing both lights. The co2 bags are easy just hang and done for up2 2grows. Each bag cost 40 bucks but well worth it!!!!!!! I literly helped a buddy of mine grow that and he was a newbie. And he still got 5oz's dry for 1 auto.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        Thats a gd cost for the bags, I pay 40 bucks a bag and there well worth it.

• Boco2017
        Boco2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just ran and picked one up now should I do as the bag says and put it slightly above the plants or should I put it up higher?

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        Either put it above a fan or put it anywhere thats about 1-2feet over the plants the co2 will fall by itself. Either way works great

Madman960 I will try my best to journal everything, bro!

Comment

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, I'm looking forward to it.

Happy growing.

Madman

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man.

Happy growing.

Madman

Boco2017 I think co2 will raise your temp's a lil bit...

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        Co2 is carbon dioxide its a gas if anything it will lower temps, but the amount of co2 will not change anything. Unless u have toxic levels or useing dry ice thats the only way it will effect temps

By the way toxic levels are extreamly high I highly dought u will reach them unless ur useing tanks or dry ice and are not montioring ur ppm. The only other way u will raise the temp with co2 is with a burner but its not the co2 that increase the temps its the gas that is being burnt.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X