First Grow - Lithium OG Kush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow - Lithium OG Kush

So I just set up my first grow and I am about 14 days in. Looking for advice for where to go from here. I started the seeds in FF Happy frog, they are definitely growing but seem to have a few deficiencies. Up until Monday I added no supplements. they're growing in a tent with a 600W LED light. Monday I added FF nutrients for their first feed. Definitely got some nute burn but flushed them out. I currently have a fan going in the space but not outtake. 2 of the plants had the nutrient burn and those are the ones growing the fastest. Currently the biggest plant has some weird white stuff on the leaves but I can't figure out what it is. The other one growing fast seems to have a nitrogen deficiency as one of the leaves is curved sharp at the end. Last plants growth seems to be stunted. It's my first time doing this and I've done quite a bit of research but am looking for advice to get these things on track. I'm adding some pictures here to hopefully gain insight from you all.

My questions: what's wrong? how do I fix it? when should I be switching to my 5 gal pots with ocean forest? how much nutes should I add and why are the burning already? Do i need to add anything to my current set up? (currently 600W light, nutrients, fan, ph kit - water is at 6.5)
    Attached Files

How strong of a dose of ff did you start with? As well, white may be mildew due to lack of ventilation. Had issue with this myself. http://www.growweedeasy.com/white-powdery-mildew

Comment

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      I use, week 3 on chart, 2tsp big bloom, 1 tsp grow big, in 1 gallon (16cups) water.

• qwertyonion
      qwertyonion commented
      Editing a comment
      So for 8 cups, id have done 1tsp BB, .5tsp GB

• queenofqueens
      queenofqueens commented
      Editing a comment
      ok definitely gonna try that for their next feeding. how often do you feed? also, any suggestions for what might be wrong with the plants right now according to the pictures?

Plants of that size do not need nutrients. Or as much water as you are giving them.
    You are setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Let them grow.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Evening Queen, 147 is right about they don't need any nutrients when they are small, even though some folks do give nutrients when they are small.
      If they were mine I wouldn't give any nutrients till they were 3or4 weeks old, and then Quarter strength. And I wouldn't give them more than 4or5 tablespoons of water every 3or4 days unless your 600 dries it up quicker but they at that age they don't need much water.
      That little tip burn ain't gonna hurt nothing . Good Luck Queen
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I agree with both of them tho, if you have good soil, no nutes should be needed. I use mine, purely because of low quality soil. I started at 1/3 strength at 2 weeks. Feeding every other feed. I could prob up it, but its my first grow, don't want to push what seems to be working great.

Comment

• qwertyonion
          qwertyonion commented
          Editing a comment
          I only water every saaay, 3 days, and even tho i mix a full gallon of water, I dont use near that much I assure. I like to make them work a bit for there water. And soon, They will be in smart pots as well.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          You should only water when the plants need it, not when you think that the faster I water them and the more nutes I give em the faster they will grow.
          Good luck!

• qwertyonion
          qwertyonion commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely. Just a matter of learning that line. Getting much better at not over watering.

Hey queen, Off to a good start, listen to what they said above!!! I don't know if anyone else said this, but that spot looks like a water/nute spot to me, like you got a drop on the leaf.

I'm also growing a Lithium OG Kush that's very close to harvest:
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

So a little update on my grow... been following all the suggestions of not overwatering and haven’t fed more nutes yet and this is what they’re looking like. Is it a nitrogen deficiency? Lower leaves are dying off.

Comment

Still look overwatered, soil in the pot does not look dry.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I concur with Das and 147 Any nutrients they may require should be in the Happy frog well through seedling and into veg. Then start at 25% strength and ease your way up. Just a wee bit of phed water every few days,pour it in a small circle around the plant not on it.

Comment

Time to update. Plants are growing ok but looking a little rough. From what I gathered this could be a nitrogen deficiency. I just watered and gave a low dose of fox farm nutirients. Any suggestions for getting these things back to health and ready to grow big? It’s exactly 4 weeks since seed today. As you can see from the photos, they are growing at completely different rates. The first is a “giveaway” seed and the 2nd two (really small and really big plant) are both Lithium OG Kush.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X