Watering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering?

I started the germination process via seed in the paper towel method. I understand some people have different methods, but this method has always worked for me. On the third day, I opened up the paper towel and noticed the root had popped through the seed a good couple centimeters and I figured it was ready to put in the dirt. I used organic cocoa soil. This is my second/third year growing, but I haven't done it in a good couple years. I'm wondering how much I should be watering it and how pften I should water? It's so tiny yet that I don't want to water it tooo much, but I want it to have the right amount of water. . Here's the picture of what it looks like. I'm HOPING FOR A FEMALE So please send good vibes this way for a female! This is day 3/day 1 of it popping up from the dirt.

At this stage, I wouldn't give more then 1 tablespoon.

Comment

• LilNiedz
      LilNiedz commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I figured. I've been giving it really small amounts. Thanks!

Sending you the most feminine vibes I can.

Ok that was weird....

I'd have to agree with King on this one. Number one mistake by new (or new again) growers is overwatering. Make sure to let the top dry out completely. With coco, you want to add your water at around 6.0 PH. I wouldn't add nutrients for a while. I like to let them go longer than most before starting nutrients.

Good luck, and welcome!

Comment

• LilNiedz
      LilNiedz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahah! I bet that was weird for you!! Thank you so much for the advice. I didn't want to start adding nutrients till she was a little bigger!

Congratulations and welcome! Yah we're having babies!
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• LilNiedz
      LilNiedz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sooo much!! <3 <3

I saw a video where a guy used a wet paper towel and squeezed a few drops around the new sprout, seems to work well.
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Welcome LilN :-)

Every variety will be different , reading on this subject I found it takes 24 hours for the seed to soak enough water in to open and start the process. I just did some hard to start seeds to much water drowned it within that 24 hour period twice I grow hydro so I know the babies are still the same process I decided for me I'll get the rapid rooter get wet with ph'd water prop in a small bowl top with a glass dome. no light till you see them.
      For not doing that my seeds cost me 40 dollars a seed. LOL

Forgot my most excellent vibe i can send you!
      Last edited by Karlee; 11-12-2016, 05:25 PM.
      Bubblehead
      4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
      4 Cures and a Life time gardener
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

You talk about a weird watering schedule. These 2 girls haven't been water since last Saturday. That is a entire week.

Comment

• LilNiedz
          LilNiedz commented
          Editing a comment
          Reallly? and entire week? Just out of curiosity, how come so long to water them?

• kingfish
          kingfish commented
          Editing a comment
          They seem to be sucking it up very slowly. They don't look overwatered. I think is just the plants. The 3 I just put to flowering was watered the same time as these and I had to water them before I put them in the tent. I'm not going to water them again until they need it. I lift the pot to tell if they need watering. Light pot, water heavy pot, no water.

• LilNiedz
          LilNiedz commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could get down the whole lifting the pot to water thing. Some people are fabulous at being able to figure that out. I don't think I would ever be able to. at least not right now. maybe sometime in the near future. I just woke up extremley disappointed. I woke up and my seedling is not drooped over like it's dead. Can't figure out why. so I'm doing some process of elimination.

LilNiedz How is your seedling doing now? It's really hard to water them when they're seedings in a big pot, but I promise it will get easier as it gets older. You want to water in a little circle around the plant at first, and as it gets bigger you can give it more water at a time. Once it's growing really fast you want to give water to the whole medium until you start getting runoff out the bottom. At that point you don't have to think about it at all, you just water when the top inch gets dry. I hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
          LilNiedz How is your seedling doing now? It's really hard to water them when they're seedings in a big pot, but I promise it will get easier as it gets older. You want to water in a little circle around the plant at first, and as it gets bigger you can give it more water at a time. Once it's growing really fast you want to give water to the whole medium until you start getting runoff out the bottom. At that point you don't have to think about it at all, you just water when the top inch gets dry. I hope that helps!
          Best of luck, female vibes coming your way

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X