Too tall seedlings not developing normally in hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too tall seedlings not developing normally in hydro

HELP! Second time around for me. First plant did very nicely using the info provided on the website including Plant Training.

I started a new grow from seeds from Seedsman about 10 days ago. I was thrilled when 5 of the 8 seeds I germinated started to grow in Rapid Rooters. Where I had used soil last time I thought I would try my hand at hydroponics this go around.

My seedlings grew tall (too tall is the problem!). About 5 days ago I put the Rapid Rooters with the seedlings in a smalll hydro setup with a fluorescent 10 inches away - 8 hours on 16 hours off. The plants haven’t changed much at all since starting the hydro.

i didn’t notice that my plants were not developing normally until I looked at a few grow journals and their photos. I worried now that these plants are going to get tall, start falling over and never develop a strong trunk and more branches. See attached photo. Any ideas? Are these plants a lost cause? What to do, what to do?

RickRock

Attached Files

They actually look pretty good! They just need more light. Cannabis seedlings get tall like that when they're "searching" for more light.

Comment

If your lights are off 16 hours per day, they are going to stretch and possibly try to flower. Most people use 18 hours of light with 6 hours dark or 24 hours lights on for seedlings.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        I completely missed that, very important point!

I keep my light about 4-5 inches away, I use 2 - 100w equivalent cfls. I would move your lights closer. also increase the amount of time you have your lights on to at least 16 hrs. on 8 hrs. off. Good luck bro!

Comment

"8 hours on 16 hours off. "

Should be 18 on, 6 off. Until Transition and Flower, then 12/12.
        I don't grow from seeds, so I don't know what the little girls should look like.
        But your light/dark schedule probably isn't helping them too much.
        Good luck.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X