What do you guys do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys do

My girl has huge beautiful fan leaves that block light from inner chutes the chutes are pretty much touching the bottoms of the fan leaves should i let it go i kinda tried tucking the leaves but didnt wanna stay just yet

Na man just let her grow

Comment

I don't know your whole story is - but it looks like it's been topped recently, so leave it be for now and let it grow.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Your plant look a little stressed. Why are there chipped leafs? Why are your leafs drooping and "taco" shaped? Heat light stress? Are they recovering from something, I would agree with the others, it sould grow more and maybe a little low stress training when its growing vigorously again.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I did just top her this morning leaves have been like that from the start i have chalked it up to she growing a lil bigger than she can handle if i flatten the cupped leaves tthe part that i flatten overlaps the other part of leaf so i think its cupping to get light over entire surface that girl is growing awesome its 20 days old the chutes on first 3 nodes are on second set of leaves havent seen to many plants this sevelopes this early me being so inexperienced.... Ill show yall my rookie mistake saw a picture in the waterfarm kit of multiple plant placement ill never do it again lol

Mars 300/250 watt cfl. For veg
          Double above for flower
          Gh waterfarm kit with gh micro grow bloom nutes
          Purple power and Northern lights

Comment

Comment

I tend to agree with the others_ It looks to me like you have an issue that might be related to one I've had before. It took me a while to figure it out. I got some new lights_ very powerful LED's and started the seedlings with the lights 5' high. They took off really well and once they got to about the size yours are now they would start drooping about 16-18 hrs into each days photoperiod (which I had set at 20/4). When the light came back on after 4 hrs of "night" they looked great_ perky and happy. At first I thought it was over or under watering but after some tests it turned out to not be the cause. I believe the drooping was due to the lights because when I cut them back to an 18/6 photoperiod no problem. In the end it seemed that the strong lighting was causing them to pull a lot of water into the leaves due to extended or excelerated photosynthesis and because the fan leaves were so large (as tall as the plant if you turned them on their sides) and full of water the stems couldn't support all that weight. Once it got dark and the photosynthetic process stopped the plants stopped drinking so much water and perked up by morning. Once the plants got larger and stronger the drooping stopped. I'd also leave them for now, especially if you topped them.
              Those big leaves will help them to recover and grow new shoots. Once the new leaves get decent sized then you can start taking off the large lower fan leaves. Especially if you are going to use any LST, because if you do leave them once you start bending the two main stems over some of those fan leaves may end up on top of the medium and you don't want that either. That would be a good time to take off a few of the lower branches that will probably be growing out from where the base of those fan leaves are too. Hope all goes well.
              PS: next grow I'm going to start the seedlings and first 2-3 weeks of veg with less intense lighting so I can get the lights down on top of the youngsters like lots of others do and see if that makes a difference with my setup. I've got a dimmer for my lights now so I can cut the power back to 1/10th of its potential for this critical time period.
              Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Evaldreamar
                Evaldreamar commented
                Editing a comment
                Tremendous help thank you so much man i have been running a 20/4 an that plant is directly under the cfl in the tent an its at same height as the mars 300 20 inches cause i have some clones tgat were ready for veg tent so i have light higher but moved the bucket 6 inches higher so light wasnt getting wasted as much cant feel any heat at canopy from that distance an the little ones are doing ok under the led directly so i doubt intensity is the issue but that was my theory i have an auto in a 3rd bucket thats why i had it on 20/4 instead of 18/6

You bet_I hope you get this worked out. Two grows ago I had a bunch of plants that had huge fan leaves_ they were wider than the plants were tall! And they were all drooping after 18 hrs of light. I tried changing the watering schedule_ more water, less water, more time between waterings, then less_ none helped solve the issue. So i just accepted it since they were otherwise very healthy looking and growing like crazy. A few weeks later, once they got larger, stronger stems they grew out of it quickly. Hope that happens for you!
              Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
              liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

I cant quite change water or feedin scheddule being in the hydro setup but that lil bit of droopin and cupping is only negative issue growth is still good measured her after 24hrs after topping her roughly an she grew about a half inch in that span of time i run less than half strength in my nutes then called for i dont wanna over due it while i get it dialed in i think its going well so far tho dont want to do anything an screw it up lol i

Comment

Heres todays pics update since i topped the purple power and i failed my first fim attempt and i didnt cut down far enough so just caused deformed leaves. But i tried again looks like i may have actually done it right. Also dont mind the leaves on the one i tucked the fan leaves so the inner chutes could come up around em cause the were literally pushing the fan leaves up but as of right now i have 6 tops

Comment

The baby is a 3 day old Candy Cane auto

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X