Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Getting sick plants

Hi guys,
    having some little problem with my growing its been a week and half i haven't seen any change on my plants rather than they look like that they shrinking, the new small leaves on the top looks like they yellowing a bit.. the thricomes appears but no evolution..

Are they in the sun? What are you feeding them? What kind of soil? What strain? Photos or autos? I have many more questions. Cuz they don't look too bad to me.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank you a lot for your reply! im a newbie in growing weed plant

im from an island in pacific ocean so at that time of year it can get really hot and windy. They ve got inbetween 6 to 7 hours direct sunlight and about 12hours dark but does the moon can affect them? as its quite bright during the night you dont need a torch to see where you going lol it can sound stupid but as im novice im not sure if bright moon can affect the growing. I feeding them with some biobizz, top bloom, biogrow and topmax the ratio is 3,3,1 ml for 1l of water. I use some coco soil and compost that i made. At the begining i thought i had 2 sativa and 2 indica but i believe now they all sativa. I use water ph between 6 and 7.. not quite sure about your question autos or photos.. i start to see some top leaves curling up too and seems that new top leaves getting thinner..

thank you for taking your time to help me

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome, lots of us are newbies. It's only been a couple of years for me.
        Keep your pH between 5.5 - 6.5. Moon is an interesting question. I would assume if it's out every night the plants would get used to the amount of darkness they get. Not much one can do about it unless you take your plants in every night.
        Happy growing!

It looks like there could be some issue with the white stuff on some of the leaves but otherwise they look pretty decent. Maybe a little iron deficiency too. try giving them a little iron supplement and see what happens. Shouldn't hurt. The yellowing on the new growth could be an indicator of that but it could also be something else. When my plants are growing an inch a day or more the new leaves that come in are more yellow until they get about 3 days "old" then they green up nicely.
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Thank you Canuck 147 do you know any natural way of getting the pH level between 5.5 and 6.5? Ive red that apple vinegar could rectify the pH Level and some other organic stuff too but not to sure about the amount needed and i don't have a proper pH reader as i use my swimming pool pH reader XD to know roughly if my water is too acidy or alkaline.. i usually try to find a natural way to know how to fix it.. thanks a lot again. Sometimes living on a small island can be a bummer to get what you really need so usually try to get things fixed with what you got ahaha and i try to feed and fix things the most natural way..

ZigZag thank you for your reply really really appreciate it .
        that white stuff on leaves it's some milk mixed with water as i red that it could fix the problem of having fungus underneath leaves as ive seen some so that white spot are the residue from the milk lol. Should i wipe it off or could it damage the plant? And thanks for your remark about the iron deficency as i wasnt sure too sure about it but now i believe that is. Any suggestion about how i could fix it and in organic way?

have you got any advices about those curling up leaves by any chance?
        thanks guys you are blooming awesome
        sorry for the english too

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Curling leaves don't look too bad, the skinny leaves are an indication she's a sativa.
          For more acidity could use lemon juice, not sure about alkalinity.
          Curling leaves could be from heat or wind.
          Last edited by Canuck147; 11-04-2017, 11:00 PM.

I questioned the white on the leaves on the right plant too. They look pretty good to me. As far as Canuck asking about photo or auto, we need to know what type of light do they need? Are they autoflowering plants that you just germinate and put in your grow medium and let grow without worrying about the amount of light they get, or are they photoperiod plants that require so much light and so much darkness every day to do their thing. Autos grow at their own pace, even with 24 hour light, they go into flower by themselves and photo period you have to decide when to change the light schedule to take them from veg to flower. Does that make sense? There is a lot of info on this site about the different types of plants. I'm only on my second grow so I'm still learning myself.

Current grow:
        mystery seeds (2) auto/fem
        compost/perlite
        300w led, 60w cfl, small led (not sure of wattage)
        homemade tent 2.5x3x4' covered in reflective material
        temp stays right at 80
        Current grow:
        2-300w led lights
        1- 60w cfl for germination
        2- 5 gal fiber pots
        Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
        Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
        Seeds:
        Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
        Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
        Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
        Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

Comment

Evening Jez, lemon juice, white vinegar will bring your ph down
          Baking soda will raise it.
          Its gonna be hard to get it just right without a meter, but you can use the strips to get it in the general ball park.
          If I were you I would collect rain water and test it, you might be lucky and it will be perfect ,like it is at my house, every time I check our rain water where I live, it's between 6.7-6.9.
          We have got several PH meters at our house, and if I knew how, I would send you one, along with some PH up and some PH down.
          I can tell you've got a green thumb by looking at your pretty plant that you grew without using regular growing supplies.
          Good Luck with everything and if you need anything, You can leave me a message. Later Jez
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Hi bluecanoe,

cheers for the explanation about autos n photos that is much clearer to me now 😆. On what you said then they are autos as im a natural gardener and try to use what mother earth give us but i still try to train them and get them as much sunlight as i can and give them 12hours dark a day. but i would say it can take a while as at that time of the year here its inbetween 30C n 45C which is summer time for us.. the white stuff on the leaves are some residue of milk and water 30% and 4040% that i sprayed on it as i red that was good to use against fungus which i could see some on few leaves.. is that residue could be harmful for the plant?

thanks a lot mate

Comment

If they are autos, like you say, they don't need any darkness, I grow my autos in the light 24 hours a day. Also lots of folks use 20-4 . 20 hours daylight,4 hours dark. The more light they get, the bigger the buds, less light, small buds
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Hi D.A.S.S.69
                sorry for the late reply mate having some trouble with the net lately.. thanks for the offer really appreciate it but i will go and get some strips (probably easier to find that here) as you say that can give me roughly the ph of my water.. it hardly been raining for the last 4 months but big storm coming so gonna take the chance of putting buckets outside and collect it hahaha. As i have got no set up im at the mercy of mother nature, they defo getting 7 hours straight sunlight on them then they seat in a shade till sunset which here its about 12hours daylight and 12hours dark.. cheers for all the info

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X