Light movers are they worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light movers are they worth it.

Been looking to expand the grow room just a little, wondering if people are using light Movers or not and your experiences what works what doesn't work thanks any advice would be awesome.

Howdy Sammy, I started using a wire chain (links look like figure '8') to hold up my lamps. Each link was approximately 3/8" long and was secured to a cup hook in the support beam (2" x 4" across the ceiling). I adjusted the height by changing the link 'in the hook' up or down as needed. This called for a lot of counting links (to keep things level) and a sure grip on the chain to prevent falling lamps. I have changed to using the 'rope ratchets' and the are much easier to use. The only problem with the ratchets is when the lamps are near the top of my grow space, it is a little awkward to reach around the lamps to get to the ratchet for adjustments.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• GRAND
      GRAND commented
      Editing a comment
      Light movers, move the lights horizontally not vertically. But I don't think I would spend the money, my tent is only 2 x 4 x 5, too small for these movers. If you tent/space is at least 8ft. Long, then it might make sense especially if you use led's.

I use a light mover and like it very much. I mounted the rail on a 'suspension system' to eliminate the noise which some folks complain about. I use a 600w mh/hps system with the glass removed from the hood (I want the plants to get all the light) and with the mover I don't have a single 'hot spot' to contend with
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Sammy
      Sammy commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have any pictures of your current Moving System would love to see them. ☮️

Depends on the lights you use. If you use a very expensive light then a light mover makes sense but I believe you use CMH so another light may be money better spent.

Comment

• Sammy
      Sammy commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently running to flower rooms the oldest room I just replaced my 400 HPS with a 6:30 double-ended ceramic metal halide that's the one I wanted to move back and forth I have about 11 ft and only utilizing 4 of it. Just didn't want to drop the extra 200 this it was going to be worth it I believe it will just looking to see what other people's experiences have been thanks for the response ☮️

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X