Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow-need advice and hello everyone

Hello everyone,
    i am new to growing, i many of the guides in the GWE site and it is amazing! interesting and helpful. hoping to have a good start at growing...

some setup info:
    600W hps and i don't have air cooled reflector :-(
    coco-perlite soil
    4X4X6.5 tent
    GH trio (im using the schedule Nebula suggested)
    Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra

1)auto white widow
    2)auto northern lights
    3)auto skunk 47

i need some advice for my young plants:

considering the auto northern lights:
    in 22/10 it poped out of the soil. since than i'm giving it seedling amount of nutrients (every other watering-which is once in 2 days) with PHed water-around 5.5-6.
    for now i'm using CFL bulbs 32w,it is pretty close to the seedling-in the first 6 days i had it 8 inches far and afterward i got it closer to 4 inches.and it on 24/7.
    i'm planing to use the 600w HPS soon (when the 3rd set of leaves will be more mature) but from what i read it ok to start with CFL when it is still seedling.
    i started a fan on a very light power - the leaves are moving gently..
    >> 2 days ago i noticed the some light discoloration on one of the leaves (pics attached), since it is very light it hard to understand the symptom,i am not sure what it is and if i should be worried about it. Would be happy to get advice on that.
    >>maybe it just me being impatient but it seems to me from the growing journals i read that it should be bigger by now.

considering the auto skunk 47:
    it germinated slower than the other 2. on the 27/10 it poped out. since than i'm treating it the same as the northern lights. as you see in the pic i attached the new leaves looks twisted and a bit darker plus one of them burned in the tip (too much nutrients?).
    >> is it possible that the twisted leave is a result of the light breeze from the fan? on the northern lights i started using it when it was bigger...
    >> the burned tip=too much nutrients?

hope you guys could tell me what you think,
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello and welcome lucxao, did you cut the nutrients schedule to half or down to 1/4 for it being a Seedling?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

i used that: http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...0CaliMagic.pdf
      just used it as it is.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, so it looks like this nutrient schedule the nebula Haze has provided for you is cut down, you you must forgive me I use Fox Farms and not GH products so that is a little foreign for me, but sound like the nute is right.
        So heres what I'd start looking at, the plants looks good for its age, it has started on it 2+ sets of leaf and will have a couple of days soon that it will put its energy into roots and not growing vertically much. I would watch that you are not over watering, make sure your pot is dry to your first knuckle, are you checking your run off Ph? That may need to be adjusted. The coloring is of a concerned but I would look for new growth color over the next week and if the discoloration gets worse or spreads start getting concerned with it. I don't see excessive Twisted growth.
        Hope this helps
        Mr.F

thanks mr,f! i checked the runoff for ph and it was 6 even thou i am sure i usually have my watering little less than that. for now im gonna keep going and look for any more signs. in the 2 days since i post the question the plants seem to keep growing and not sowing more discoloration.
      thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X