A non-auto Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A non-auto Auto

I have two autos growing in the same tent. Leftie started budding at four weeks. Rightie did not. They are now six weeks old (after sprouting) and Rightie is still vegging.
    I read about Autos that sometimes don't act like autos and won't make buds while on the 18-6 schedule. They had to switch to 12-12 to make that non-auto do its thing.
    My problem is that I only have one setup and have at least 4 weeks to go on Leftie before I can cut it down and switch my lighting to 12-12.
    My question is, will Rightie be okay vegging for an extra 4 weeks? I realize I have no choice at this point but, I'm wondering whether any of y'all have been through this and outcome, of course.
    Beans from Seedsman, btw. No issues before this with their stuff.

Thanks

Leftie will be ok if you switch to 12/12, as far as I know autos will not hermie.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I agree with canuck u can switch ur lights to 12/12 and both plants will be fine, or if u wanted to veg ur other plant for 4 more weeks that is just fine. How big are the pots ur plants are in if there under 7gal u might get root bound problems unless ur in fabric pots. Also make sure u have room in ur tent for 4 more weeks of growth and an average of 1-1.5 feet wider and about a foot taller

Comment

Morning Papa Joe, I don't know if this will help you or not, but one of the autos I'm growing right now didn't show pistils until she was close to 40 days old ,and only showed then after I switched from my led to my 315lec light like Vapo69 told me to try that, I ain't saying that's the reason she showed but she damn sure did the second day I switched lights. I run my lights 24 hours a day, no darkness. You ain't even seeing no preflowers or nothing huh ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. Seems I have a choice between switching them to 12-12 now, wait until Leftie is done then switch or give Rightie a few more days to get its shit together, maybe. I think I'll split the difference and give Rightie 2 more weeks. Again, thanks for the feedback Canuck147, Tyler_hobbyist and D.A.A.S. 69.
          Let's see if these pics will load.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rightie didn't get stressed or anything bad happen to her early on did it PapaJoe ?
            Anyway I bet she shows pistils before 2 weeks are up.
            Seedsman ain't bad about shipping the wrong seeds very much I don't think.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your welcome. Next question..........

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X