Topping questiob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping questiob

I currently have a purple power in a waterfarm setup that is growing insanely well its 14 days old and has its first 2 sets of inner xhutes developed with leaves can i top it now safely to the 3rd node which is the first set of 5 points or should i wait a node or 2 more

Heres todays pic of her with a better view safe to top would yall say? Friendly reminder to those ordering not to do what i did and at least finish description of strain your purchasing because as you can tell i may have my hands full with this strain i didnt read full description an fell in love with pics and uts an "unpredictable" strain an is an outdoor one i can see why with the explosion of growth if it stays growing like this im really gonna have my hands full im going to continue to post updates with questions and pics would love some if you to join me in the adventure an add advice opinions an help along the way ive been reading through a bunch if forums an this is my favorite an why im here

Comment

Hello Evaldreamar welcome to the forum dude, I am guilty of doing exactly the same with the breeder description lol I had an onyx auto that just wouldn't stop growing upwards lol, she even earned me a place on growweedeasy(thanks to NebulaHaze)somewhere among the vast amounts of knowledge. Don't worry about rookie mistakes, the fine folks here are always helpfulUsually when I top, I cut off the 4th node and begin the mainline from there dude, happy growing​​​​​​​
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Thank you so when you are done your left with 3 nodes the single leaf the next obe us the 3 pointer and the 3rd is first 5 pointer or do you have the next set on? Cause the chutes on that set are like a day behind top of canopy so it seems lije the ideal place to turn them into my mains

Comment

If it slows growth for a couple days i dont mind just worried that much stress will kill it this early and im the type of person after it grows to a certain point i cant bring myself to cut it down ill just wait til "next node" next thing ya know im outta room an need to flup em to 12/12

Comment

Morning Evan, I agree with you that GWE is the best not just the forum, but from all the other information you can get here.
            I've read a bunch of those other forums and I see all the time where they are cussing and arguing with each other ,they are kinda ruff, but not here on GWE, just nice, friendly and very knowledgeable folks that truly want to help you with your questions.
            That is a fine looking young plant you are growing, Sounds like you have already made up your mind about topping, so good luck with everything, and welcome to GWE.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Hey dude you are in luck lol......here is a couple pics of an auto I topped last night.....it seems she has chosen to show her pistils as well
              The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• tvbfe
                tvbfe commented
                Editing a comment
                Never did autos that's cool they show like that

• Vapo69
                Vapo69 commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69 no probs dude I'm glad she finally showed for you

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Vapo, she just don't know how close she was to going out in the woods to finish whatever she was gonna do, I ain't bullsh-ting, either. Thanks again Vapo.

Thank you for the quick responses guys i really appreciate it an your exactly right about this forum. When it comes to topping autos ive always heard not to cause it causes it to stunt growth an with the limited time in veg isnt yield affected. With my situation i realized thanks to you daas that i answered my own question lol and was givin proof that its ok to do thanks again for your help an support

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                You are very welcome Evaldreamar.

Welcome ! I would Top it and cut the first node off.
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

You mean the single point and its inner chutes sonny?

Comment

no the first set of leaves that grew, they would be the bottom set and then it has more energy to put to rebuilding the top.
                  Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X