BR30 LED Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR30 LED Lights

First time posting in the forum. I'm getting ready for a first time grow and I'm trying to decide what to use for lights. I live in Mexico and certain resources are problematic. My question is about BR30 or BR40 LED flood light bulbs. Has anyone tried using a series of these types of bulbs for growing? I've seen similar setups using CFLs and was hoping someone might have some experience with something like this.

My thought was to use 6 to 8 of the BR30s at 5000K for veg and then switch to 8 to 10 BR30s at 2700K for flowering (maybe a mix of both). Both are labeled as "Daylight." The BR30s consume 9 watts and produce 650 lumens where the BR40s consume 17watts and produce 1,550 lumens.

I'd be using these on 6 to 8 plants and intend to ScrOG as well.

Here are typical links.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Cheers

Evening Strucman, I'm not real sure about those LED lights, they might not be strong enough, but I know for a fact cfls work great if you use enough of them,
    I'm not real sure but I think you need a couple hundred real watts for each plant for them to grow good bud.
    Can you get cfls in Mexico ?
    Long time ago we used to go to Brownsville and Eagle Pass Texas all the time, we mostly went to Piedras Negras, excellent food there.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Hey!! Strucman , after reading up on those lights..... I would use about 5 per plant giving you 45 actual watts, and 325 equivalent watts. I used 15.... 200watt equivalent cfl's for 3 plants scrogged in 4' x 2' tent. My temp's ran about 85-90 without venting. I used a 4" exhaust fan about 190 cfm, brought temp's down to 74-79. Kept lights about 6-8 inches from top of canopy. Hope this helps bro!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X