Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using soil nutrients for coco coir grow possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using soil nutrients for coco coir grow possible?

Hello! On my next grow, I decided to switch from soil to coco coir + perlite. My question is, can I still use my soil nutrients in coco coir? I'm using Plagron Power Roots (1-0-2) + Hesi TnT Complex (3-2-3) during veg and Hesi Bloom (3-3-4) + Plagron Green Sensation (0-9-10) during flower (all @ ~ 6-6.5 PH)

I know, I'm going to need CaliMagic as well, but I spent money on the old nutrients and don't feel like I want to dish out more money on coco specific nutrients. Any advice?

Yes you can without a doubt. You may need more calmag than normal depending on your nutrients. Im not familiar with your nutes
    so dont know if they have added cal and mag.

Comment

I agree with dutch... in coco you need a bit of extra calmag... other than that you should be right. I use 70% coco 30% perlite.
      Current grow

4x bubbas gift
      4gal fabric pots..
      coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
      600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

Thank you the both of you! The hesi line actually only has me replacing the bloom nutrient to hesi coco. Both Hesi TnT and Coco have added Cal-Mag, so I'm gonna try that out. Apparently, I would also need PK13-14 according to their feeding schedule but since I got Plagron Green Sensation, I'm going to try it this way.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X