Plant problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant problem

Hi, I'm having some plant issues with one of my plants. This plant looks a little more scarce then the rest of the bunch. Leeves feel thinner, more fragile. They're appear to be getting dryer. It's slowly getting worse. First started couple of weeks ago. At that time something similar was happening to all the plants. The issue was windburn. I've solved the problem with that and all plants slowly bounced back, except for one. And initially this one suffered from heat stress. My setup is a grow tent 1.6x1.6m with 2x650hps (set to 400w each because of heat) with good enough extraction fan and intake fan. Does anyone can help with this? I'm not sure what's going on here. This is my first grow.
    Last edited by Sss333; 10-29-2017, 03:30 PM.

Welcome and congratulations on your first grow. Some of the leaves in the pics look like heat stress (not saying that is your only problem but when the leaves fold up a bit in a taco shape that is usually heat). It may not help with the damage already but consider adding some Silica (I use armor-Si) which can help the plants be much more heat (and insect) resistant. (Note: If using silica this will greatly raise the pH of your water and you will need to adjust to bring it down). What are you growing, in what medium and what if any nutrients?

Comment

I thought taco leaf was caused by excessive nitrogen AKA over feeding. I am also on my 1st grow and believe I have read that in a few places.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excessive nitrogen makes the leaves real dark green, your plants grow real slow and lots of times they get the claw.
        If not corrected will eventually kill your plants..Just saying I've never seen it cause tacos, but I reckon anything's possible.

Sorry, I've forgot to mention. I'm growing in soil. Chose that for the first grow. And I'm using advanced nutrients. I've bought whole set of them for all the phases of plant's life. I also have digital pH and particall density meters so I constantly check pH and nutrient density. I'll to order silica and see if that helps.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SSS, are you checking pH going in and runoff? I'm wondering if that might be a pH problem that's causing nute lockout...???

Have you flushed her with plain pH'd water?

Evening 333 , and welcome to GWE, Is it possible to take another picture or two of the whole plant, in better light ?
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Wind burn in a tent? That's a serious fan then.
        Maybe your light is too close. Can't tell from your limited data.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X