uv lighting Exo fluorescent compact lamp 26 watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uv lighting Exo fluorescent compact lamp 26 watt

I'm on my 4th hydro grow. I've read UV lighting can increase THC levels. Has anyone used UV lighting with any success? I'm running a 4 by 4 drip system with 400 watt veg & 600 watt bloom. If not UV, going to try the G8 LED flower booster. Thanks.

Cannabis researchers in Maryland exposed pot plants to ultraviolet radiation to see what would happen. They found that increasing doses of UVB radiation, a natural part of sunlight, made the plants produce almost 28% more THC in the buds. In attempting to understand more about the function cannabinoids serve, the scientists discovered a relatively simple

According to that article, it only really effects plants that are high in THC content.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

In my exspereince uv does increase potency and the best light iv found so far is the solistek 10k finisher this bulb is amazing the last 3weeks. Do not use any enclosed fixtures as glass does not allow uvb to go thro it. The solistek 10k wil only work with digital ballasts and they will not work with magnetic ballasts. Eye hortilux also makes uvb floencent bulbs but there not as gd at the solistek bulbs. U can run solistek 10k all the way thro flower but if u use hps for most of the flower u will get higher yeilds then the last 3 weeks switch to the metal halide solistek. But if u run the mh all thro flower ur thc will be even higher! Also the uvb from the solistek helps purple the buds and leaves.

Comment

The solistek 10k bulb also will not work on 500w or 250w it will only work on 400w and only digital I bought 2 400w bulbs and learned it the hard way because I have magnetic ballasts lol

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'm using 600 watt adjustable digital ballast. I'll read up on the bulb U mentioned.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X