New Grow- Hydro + Blue Glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grow- Hydro + Blue Glue

Just put two Blue Glue clones in my Water Farms. No experience with this family of girls. Related to Gorilla Glue and highly recommended by a friend.

First roots reached the nutes yesterday. One week after set up. I used fewer clay balls, reducing the top level down 2-3 inches. The other Farm I set up as usual, filled to the top with clay balls.
    The lower level resulted in the roots reaching the nutes faster. So that seems to be a plus.
    The girl with her feet wet has grown 4" since last Monday.
    I now discover Blue Glue is Gorilla Glue + Blueberry. Seeds from Netherlands, clone not.

Also discovered the wisdom of thoroughly cleaning the drip bar on the WaterFarm. Remove, scrub out wtih a dowel rod and re drill the holes. Works like a dang water fountain now.

Comment

Sounds like you got it going on Jason, can't wait to see them getting larger and larger ! Good Luck with everything.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

So far, so good. My clone guy is a master and gets to visit the seed source, who he's known since the '80's. It's about genetics, genetics, genetics. And then not messing them up.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your right ,if you got good genes , it is all up to you to do your part then.

After a week and a day. Started Week I nutes last Friday. 7" to 11" with a nice fat root in the nutes.
        Sorry for the poor light, I didn't want to shut them down.

Comment

• Jason
          Jason commented
          Editing a comment
          A week and a day after I set the clone up in the WaterFarm. I get clones in rock wool or those little rooter things. White roots are coming out the bottom.
          I don't know the time from cutting to me getting it. I could guess 10-14 days? Really don't know. One reason I like the clones is they just blast off with growth, particularly when the roots hit the res.

• qwertyonion
          qwertyonion commented
          Editing a comment
          Been looking into DWC a lot more, it just fascinates me. Definitely thinking of trying it soon.

• Jason
          Jason commented
          Editing a comment
          I use two little WaterFarms @ $70 each for the complete kit. Just add nutes and greenery and away you go.
          One amazing aspect of hydro is how quickly the girls grow and change with nute changes. And if any problem arises, you change the nutes. Bad stuff gone, new good stuff added. Adding water and balancing pH is about all there is to it. And supporting the resulting growth.
          With the clones I get, roots reach the res in a week to ten days. Then they blast off.
          Think science project. If you like them, you'll love hydro.

Week II nutes. 100% GH Flora Trio plus CalMg+. (2) 300 W LEDs. So far, so good. Keeping pH in the 5-5.5 range for the most part. Now that they are getting established, I'll probably let that range a bit
        higher to 6.0. FIM is in the future.
        Both plants have roots in the solution.

Comment

Looks like she's doing great, Jason, keep us informed, your doing a fine job.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Will do. I blame the strain for the positives, while I just try to stay in my lane and follow directions. I think I'll set up the 315 CMH at the next feeding change.
            I'm always happy when the roots reach the nutes. Then the girls really start showing off.

Comment

Things seems to going well. I set up the WaterFarms 10/23 with clones and pH adjusted water. Started feeding Week I 10/27. Tall clone was 7" tall.
              10/29 that clone had roots in the res and was 9" tall. 11/4 second clone has roots in the res.
              Just started Week III feeding yesterday, 11/9, GH Flora Trio, 100% strength. Tall clone is now 14". The other clone is growing wide and rather flat, looking like its been topped with lots of flower sites.
              I think I'll leave that one alone and FIM the tall one when the time is right.
              pH went way up over night, so that has to be adjusted back down. Good H20 consumption with both girls.

Comment

• Jason
                Jason commented
                Editing a comment
                Just set up the 315 CMH to compliment the (2) 300 W LED's.

Week III ;photo. Set up clones with H2O 10/23. Started feeding about 5 days later.
              Will change to Week IV nutes on Thursday or Friday. Transition from veg to flower.
              First pistils appeared this morning on the taller girl.

Comment

The brown-ish spots on some of the leaves have disappeared. I cut the offending parts off, and the effect did not return. Very odd. No lower leaves, no top leaves. Just the large, middle fan leaves.
                Came home to a potential disaster yesterday. The circular drippy arm of one WaterFarm detached on one end. The result was the all the nutes got pumped out of the res. I added two gallons of pH adjusted H20 and she seems fine. I'll redo the nutes soon to replace what was lost. Whew! was I worried when I added a gallon of water and no leak from my indicator hole. Then a second gallon. Egad!
                No apparent effects so far.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep us posted!

• Jason
                  Jason commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will do. These girls are growing like Triffids. Early Week IV feeding!!!! Its like I'm growing a privacy hedge or something. Surprising number of flower sites on the top level with direct light. They look like they've been topped or FIM'd already. Surprising equal growth among the sites.
                  I was planning on FIM for the larger girl. . So I might do one and leave the other alone for an experiment of sorts. I'll post another Tuesday Update on Tuesday. I just do Tuesday because that was the day I posted a first shot. So I post weekly updates.

Week IV pics. Week IV is billed as Transition with light going to 12/12 schedule. Next week is first week of Flower.
                No apparent negative effects from nutrient loss in one Farm. Nute change Thurs or Fri to Week V.
                Both girls seem to be doing very well.
                No topping or FIM yet. Thinking about leaving one alone and FIM one. Both have a lot of bud sites in the top layer, getting direct light.

Comment

• NebulaHaze
                  NebulaHaze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking great!

Week VIII. Had to skip a few weeks of fatherly attention. My friends did a good job of keeping them both happy.
                Just did the Week VIII feeding, mid-flower according to the chart. I've done a couple of sessions of defoliation and trimmed out some going nowhere branches.
                Flowers are already very sticky with lots of sugar.
                Using both (2) 300 LED and (1) 315 CMH for the two WaterFarms.

Edit- No topping or FIM. These girls have developed without a single strong cola, so I just left them alone. Surprisingly even distribution of colas.

Four-five more weeks minimum till harvest.

Comment

Week 11 of the 12 Week GH feeding schedule.
                  While Flush is suggested for Week 12, I'm going to let the girls mature until the tri's are white and amber.
                  Which is proceeding as anticipated. Some of both colors are appearing.
                  Interestingly, late in the feeding schedule, saw the pH shoot up from low 5 to over 7 in just a few hours right after the nute change. The other day, one of the girls took a full gallon (in a two gallon container)
                  for the afternoon top off. That's a pretty thirsty girl!
                  Tried the macro attachment on the phone for the last two shots. Movement seems to be my enemy.

Edit- Macro is not the last two shots. They loaded out of order.

Comment

Worked out the macro a bit better. Close ups of an early cut off.
                    Harvest is looking 2+ weeks away, unless more amber shows up.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X