Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahoy pirates!! Come take a closer look!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just keep em happy and they should be good to you!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

This is day 81 from seedling and my plants have entered the fourth week of flowering 3 days ago (day 24 of flowering).
      I've started to add molasses last watering - almost 1 tbsp per 1 3/4 gallon (6.5L). I've collected a bit of information here and there and decided to use a bit more than the usual, anyone has a review on this?
      Tried to duct my dehumidifier from the room into the tent and the temps went waaay high (higher than 90F, 40% RH). Decided to take the duct off and use normally in the room; temps are now between 78 - 85F / 55 - 65% RH. It's a trade off I can't afford, I don't want my buds to cook inside the tent. I'm watering around 6 - 6.5L (almost 2 gallons) every 3 or 4 days depending on their response. The environment isn't the ideal, I truly need an AC to optimize my grow, I know, but I can't afford one right now.

I've pruned a bit more since last week and the lights are 12 inches from the tallest cannopies - they're bulking up fast!

Does anyone think that I'm using too much molasses?

Mr.furley I've followed your tip and so far so good! Raised the quantities and lowered the frequency, I'm getting almost 20-30% of runoff every watering and the pH is standing between 5.5 - 5.9 (couldn't control it so well so far but it's never lower than 5.5.

ZigZag Pruned a bit more the sativa, let's see how this goes!

Thanks for the suggestions and reviews,

Mr Pot

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr.pot, I am truly glad to here your getting a better ph results. In time you can fine turn that system to your needs to better your growing Style.
        With your run off Ph the numbers will change from the first drop to the last and my understanding is the faster you grab the runoff the closer number is to the rootzone number.
        I add calmag first this is a common practice.

• Mr Pot
        Mr Pot commented
        Editing a comment
        That's funny, I didn't applied camg first since like two weeks ago because I wasn't aware of that. Don't know if they would have a faster veg growth but next run I'll do that since day one. Nice tips, Mr. F, thanks!

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        MrPot..I use the trio too: don't k ow what is correct as I have heard the same about calimagic first too.
        My order is:
        The purple
        The green
        The pink
        Calimagic
        Terpinator
        Stir & pH.
        In flower I add liquid Kool bloom before Terpinator ( for some unknown reason).

I use PH perfect nutrients for coco that have extra calcium and magnesium to balance the properties of the coco but I still use Cal/Mag. I add it to the 5 gallon buckets I use at 1/4 strength every time i water. Then PH the water to anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5. Then as I need the water I add the nutrients. Seems to work fine. FYI_ During my last grow I was getting some signs of calcium and magnesium deficiencies which led to others as well, but once I started adding the 1/4 strength Cal/Mag and stronger nutrients every watering everything picked up and went well.
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Sending ZigZag a note on your time Mr pot..
        Aya doing fine..gracefulnin structure...

Tika, Canuck147, D.A.A.S.69 anyone knows about organic molassss quantities?

Comment

No - but I we would like to know probably several opinions on it .
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Morning Mr Pot, I live down South where people make their own molasses, Blackstrap is cleanest it's gone thru more boilings, we've used all kinds down here on our plants and the kind you buy at the grocery store works just as good as any as long as it is unsulfered, Grandma's Unsulfered, Brer Rabbit makes a blackstrap, unsulfered, they all work fine as long as they are unsulfered, doesn't have to have the word Organic on the bottle, people around me still use mules going around circles grinding up the sugar cane and that's as Organic as you can get, but the grocery store kinds that are unsulfered still work just as well, hope that helps some, it is really good on biscuits also.
          Good luck. We use 1-2 tablespoons of molasses a gallon of water every 3-4 weeks.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Mr Pot
            Mr Pot commented
            Editing a comment
            Must be nice to make your own molasses, I live in a big city therefore I don't have this privilege.
            The bottles here don't say unsulfured but I looked the nutrition facts and there isn't sulfur in the composition, don't know if it can be called by other names but that's it.
            You don't use every fed watering? GWE says some things about molasses (http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-i...cannabis-smell) and I heard from users experience, yourself included, that could be a good thing to use 1-2 tbsp instead of 1/2 tsp. I've seen people adding every watering, kinda tricky!
            Thanks for the review.. I'll figure it out and post the results!

I only use molasses 1 time every 3 or 4 weeks, we have tried 2-3 times a month, but we had better luck with only once every 3-4 weeks, mainly for feeding the soil, but it helps with bud production. I would be very careful with to much sugar regardless what some on here say, especially like one quarter cup to a half cup ,that's funny to me but everyone is different, I don't know if this is true but I heard plants make their own sugar, so I would be scared using that much sugar. We use tablespoons not teaspoons, I'm not very good at putting what I want to say on here, that's about all I can say .
          in every grocery store for miles around here they all say either sulfured or unsulfered, , make sure it says unsulfered on the container.
          Down here it sells for less than 10bucks a gallon.Homemade much less.especially if you know the folks making it. Sugar cane fields everywhere, kids chew it instead of chewing store bought gum. Adults too.
          you've got some beautiful plants.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-13-2017, 02:40 PM.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Hello my friends,
            this is day 86 from germination and day 29 of flowering stage. I've started adding molasses since last week and they're responding well. I had some thoughts about adding molasses because people say a lot of things about it, but I'm adding every watering and if they're not reacting well I'll cut that in half and so on.

My runoff water is never above 1000 ppm and I was wondering if I shouldn't do a strict schedule of nutes, pure water, nutes, pure water and just keep my ppm around 1k until the 2 last weeks when I'll only pure water the plants. They're looking nice and starting to fill up the stems with beautiful buds. Take a look!

I read about how much weeks I should have for their flowering stage. The recommendation of the breeders is around 60 days for flowering for all three strains (8+ weeks) and I'm waiting until the last weeks for a personal microscope checkup on them to be sure they are harvested in the right moment. Nebula said somewhere in GWE that the breeder recommendation can be about weeks after the plants starts to show budlets and I thought that's a very important information because it could change my flowering to 2 more weeks than what is proposed. That's a tricky factor and I'll make this decision the last weeks before harvesting, although I don't have time and logistic for 2 more entirely weeks (and the 1+ week of drying).

OBS: Finally learned to upload pictures.

Comment

• Mr Pot
              Mr Pot commented
              Editing a comment
              For those who wonder how are my clones, I've cloned Xingu 3 times, Durga Mata once and Belladonna once as well. This is an experiment and that's why I'm keeping them in solo cups, otherwise I wouldn't do that, I'd just transplant them to a bigger container and probably wouldn't have 5 clones inside this very tent because of its size. So far so good, they aren't blooming as their mothers but they surely will produce some buds.
              Last edited by Mr Pot; 11-18-2017, 11:34 AM.

Today is day 90, 4 days later and buds are maturing fast!! I bet molasses made the difference. W6 of flowering starts in 2 days and I have almost a month to go (26-30 days tops) from breeder's recommendation. The pH in roots are near 5.8-6.2 and ppm sits between 500-600. Starting to abuse a bit more of them nutes and the plants are not showing any signs of burn so far, molasses once in a week since I'm watering them less than 2 gallons every 3-4 days.

I'll figure out my flush between 10-14 days so I have almost two weeks to water them with nutes. What do you guys do for flush? A lot of plain ph'ed water or do you just gradually lower your nutrients every watering? I've read again gwe topic about ppm and I think it's hard to mess up here, they won't surpass 800-900 ppm easily. The temperature and RH are high as expected, can't do much about it.

Thanks for stopping by,
            Mr Pot

Comment

I flush with organics - tea mixture of bat/bird poo, earthworm castings and the like - brand name is Killer Tea. One ounce per gallon. Buds fatten up even more.
              And no I don't wean them off nutes. Cuz I feed em nutes/nutes/flush the whole way along.
              My girls like it tropical in their tent. Can't do much about the high humidity in the Pacific Northwest.
              Last edited by Canuck147; 11-21-2017, 08:35 PM.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Mr Pot
                Mr Pot commented
                Editing a comment
                You bud swell late flowering with this tea? I feed them like this as well, you watch for ppm? You don't bring as close to 0 ppm as possible before harvesting?
                Do you know any other tea like this one?

Wish I could help but I don't flush, all I use is molasses and worm compost tea , the smoke tastes great.
              You did awesome Mr.Pot.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Such an enjoyable ride so far! Day 42 of flowering, last day of W6. Plants ppm near 550 and not much pH oscillation (around 6.0).

Started to see some burned tips around here and I've spotted something similar to TMV in one leaf. Can't do much right now and I won't change a thing because this tent is all I have for now.

I have 2 weeks or more for the breeders recommendation (60 days of flowering) and I'm already thrilled. I expect they're maturing a bit more till harvest. Way bigger than my last run and surely not so big as my next batch, every grow is an experience.

Watering around 2 gallons every 3-4 days and yellow lower leaves are starting to show.

The first and second picture shows a 60x zoom from a microscope I've bought recently. Couldn't do best to show you guys the trichomes but they're still up as you can see.

Comment

It's day 50 since I've flipped, fellas. This is the first day of W8 and the nugs are on fire! I was wondering if the harvest window is already open and how to prepare myself for this anxiety that I'm feeling right now and the treats that are to come. Cleaned my dehumidifier and it lowered a bit my RH as well. Bought a dry rack online but maybe it won't arrive in time. I'm thinking about chopping them in something like ten days tops.
                  Some tops are touching the tent because of some bad training I did, tried to do without following any tutorial and specification and I was able to grow my plants very tall plants by changing a few things that I've got in hands compared to the last time. Tall isn't the goal at all, wide is, but that amount of learning is priceless. I'll go for a less crowded, cleaner, optimized and, of course, new looking style for the next time because freestyling is funny but tough as well - flowering stretch killed me, not LSTing too much, etc. I'm thinking about scrog and other types of cool stuff.

Thanks for this website for teaching so much knowledge, Nebula and Sirius nailed it. I'm grateful for all the reviews and comments, you guys have really helped me a lot.

Comment

• Mr Pot
                    Mr Pot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not harvesting right now, mr f, I'm waiting for 9 or more days to do so. Honestly, this is the worst time ever for me to take care of my plants because I'm really busy. Imma watch them close but 19 of december is my deadline (I'd be 12 days since the photos were taken. Next two waterings or even three I won't be feeding, only pure water for a minimal flush since they're close to 500ppm and that's not much. I'm watering every 4 days and it wouldn't be wise to give them nutes so close to harvest even though my ppm isn't high at all.

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr.pot it sounds like you are on top of it. Remember to watch the b as of the pistils were they come from the calyxes for cloudy/amber abd keep us posted.

• Mr Pot
                    Mr Pot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll watch the pistills that emerges from the calyxes for sure and will keep an eye on the trichs with the microscope.
                    I think 10-12 days will do for it. Maybe it could be better to let it mature for 15 or more days instead of 10-12 but as I said I truly can't wait.
                    Thanks for the review mate, I'm expecting the others to say something as well haha!

Tomorrow's the first day ov flowering W9. It's been a hellov a ride and two of my plants are looking kinda mature already while one is behind. I've started a thread about curing while on vacation and opening a discussion about it made me look from different perspectives about how should I act if I'm staying a week away at this moment of the run. Don't do that, plan yourself. I thought I could do it but it's kinda hard for me and that lead me to making decisions I don't want to make.

Anyway, I'm leaving town for a week (27, 28th - 2nd) and I'm thinking about cutting both mature plants near the 23th or 24th for a 3-4 days dry then I'll leave the drying nugs inside them brown paper bags on a well ventilated area with only one layer of nugs inside each one. Didn't decide what Imma do with Xingu because she isn't mature at all. Maybe gonna ask for a friend to pure water her once while I'm away but that's not a safe call because I don't have this person yet. If I don't guarantee this I'm chopping them all together. Gonna throw some pics so y'all can see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for stopping by,
                  Mr Pot
                  Last edited by Mr Pot; 12-13-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking good Mr.P
                    Keep up on your schedule.

This is day 129 from seed and the 68th day of flowering. I'm thrilled so far, harvesting in a few days and the nugs just got bigger and bigger the last 10-14 days. Letting them mature a bit more was such a doubt but now I see it is worth it. Breeder's recommendation is just a parameter and should truly start counting the day you see the first budlets. Maybe if I could let another week they could get bigger but I won't do it because it's getting hotter and hotter and I'm travelling soon. Here are some pictures that I just took with a good camera.
                  I'll update if I take better shots.
                  Thank y'all,
                  have a nice one

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Mr Pot , yeah ,those are very pretty, they really swell up the last 2-3 weeks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X