Did I fim correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I fim correctly?

Hello all, on my first grow and wondering if I correctly fimed. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
    Setup
    4’x4’x6.6’
    600W MH
    2x innova 19w full spec led
    175cfm fan, can 33 filter
    8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Personally it looks like it should have been pinched slightly lower. Its hard to say, time will tell.
    Dang Pinkertons

Comment

To be honest I can't see your pictures that well sorry, but if that were my plant I would add a couple of more inches of soil or whatever your using to your pot, to help make a stronger stem.
      . Good Luck with your plant BB
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. I took what I thought to be about 80% of the new growth . The pot is a 2gal filled to about 1.5” from top. I just up potted the same day as pic because that small seedling had roots from wall to wall of the small 6” pot it was in. It’s perked up since the change.
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds lots better BB, an welcome to GWE, someone with better eyes than mine will be on here in a minute to help you with your FIM question, an good luck.

It’s been about 4 days and she seems to be doing well. Still not sure if my fim attempt actually did anything. Except for creating some odd looking leaves. Would love some input from experienced people, nobody seems to really know.
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          I top every plant i made a post on topping an auto https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...opping-an-auto u can check it out

• BlueBudz
          BlueBudz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I will. Have you ever used fim?

• abadtrip
          abadtrip commented
          Editing a comment
          No I have not fimed and left it like that . "Fuck I missed" is all ways followed by just toping it a little lower at the stem.

So many views so few responses
        Setup
        4’x4’x6.6’
        600W MH

Comment

As abadtrip mentioned, you should see two shoots coming up now, not one. If you only see one, then your FIM did not take.

Comment

• BlueBudz
            BlueBudz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks John, roughly how many days should I expect to wait before I can be sure?

Ok so I just pinched off the top, closer than my last attempt
          Setup
          4’x4’x6.6’
          600W MH

Comment

I've FIM'd plants in both of my grows and am very happy with the technique.
            I can't tell from your pictures if you did it or not.
            Its really a sort of scooping out of the top flower. If topping is decapitation, FIM is like scooping the brains out and leaving the skull intact.
            This site has some very good pictures about it. Other similar sites will also have good close up pictures.

I use a #11 Exacto blade I've rounded off. Razor sharp, I use a scooping action while looking through a 10X binocular viewer.
            A sharpened small spoon, maybe 5mm diameter would also do nicely.

If done properly you should see changes in the plant within days. Secondary flowers start to develop to full potential and catch up to the main flower.

Good luck.

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Very helpful thank you

As most of us know, fimming allows the two growth tips directly below the main top growth tip to catch up to the main top while also destroying the dominance of the main cola, this way you end up with three main growth tips , each smaller than if you left one main, but still very worth doing. I can't tell if you cut it right but as long as you didn't cut to low and accidentally top the plant, then you can always take a little more off the top, you should end up with THREE tops, the original main, and the two growth tips directly below the original main, should all be of equal size and will all be "mains"

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Steve

Personally I don't fim any plants anymore, if I'm going to cut an auto, I just top and train it, check out abadtrip thread on auto topping. Proof is in the pics.

Comment

I've also read not to FIM an auto. So I have no experience with that. All my plants are photo.
              I've grown plants untouched, FIM'd and topped. FIM is harder to get right, but I like the results. My untouched plants didn't produce
              nearly as much dried weight.

Comment

Ya I have also heard the same. Not sure if this is an auto as I got the seed from a bag. Just an experiment plant
                Setup
                4’x4’x6.6’
                600W MH

Comment

That's exactly how you learn BlueBudz, by experiments, and reading.
                  I'm sure if she doesn't come out like you want her to, you will do lots better the next time.
                  PS- if your seed came from a bag, I doubt she's an auto, but you never know. Good Luck BBudz
                  Cfls for a week or two
                  315lec for everything else
                  Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                  36x36x63 inch tent.
                  6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                  Smart pots
                  Molasses
                  Autoflowers

Comment

Hey guys just thought I’d give an update on the topped plant if anyone is interested
                    i just trimmed some yellow fan leaves from the bottom and transplanted it in a 3gal smart pot a couple days ago. Any suggestions are always welcome
                    Last edited by BlueBudz; 10-29-2017, 06:28 PM.
                    Setup
                    4’x4’x6.6’
                    600W MH

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X