No announcement yet.

Madman's 1st grow. DWC journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all. Quick update. Crystal number 1 healed up nicely. I removed the tape 2 weeks ago. Cant even tell she split. Changed light schedule to 10 on 14 off last week. Crystal was just over 12 inches tall, 24x24 wide. The other plants were 8-10 inches tall. All the plants are well except for the Super Skunk. It's still growing but has not recovered since spraying with neem oil several weeks back. I went 10 hours on 14 off to get a bit more stretch out of the plants. At the 3 week Mark, I will switch to 12/12 to fatten up the buds. However, the plants are not growing upwards much since the switch. I believe my water temps are dropping at night. Not a huge deal. The white rhino has become so bushy that I have no clue how to trim up some of the older fan leaves. I gave the plants fresh water and nutrients today.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Quick update on the white rhino. Just pictures. It's finally a bit bushy.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        White rhino in my next grow. Watching

• Madman960
        Madman960 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tika, it's tiny but the aroma is off the charts compared to the rest of my plants.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone.

Quick update. Started some seeds for my next grow. 1 Aurora Indica, 1 Misty Kush, 1 Mango Skunk, 1 Jock Horror, and 1 Raspberry Cough. All have popped except for the Raspberry Cough. My second tent should be here tomorrow. Same exact tent as my 1st. Going to use my 4 ft T5 lights until I get my next LED. Buying the house has slowed down my grow projects. However, I paid cash so once everything is settled, no more rent payments or anything. Probably going to be a soil grow this time around.

Happy growing,

Madman

Comment

I am very excited to announce that I have buds on all 4 plants!! 10 days into flower. Started with all reg seeds from Nirvana. Must have gotten a bit lucky to get 4 out of 4 females on the first ever grow. hoping for some more luck on the second. I will post some pics once the buds get a bit bigger.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

• St.buds
            St.buds commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I defnetly dnt get tht lucky with regular seeds

• JohnC
            JohnC commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on the four baby girls, Madman960 ! You're gonna have your hands full bringing those four little ones to maturity. Fun stuff!

• Madman960
            Madman960 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys. 4 for 4 is pretty lucky. I am have my hands full now. I'm sure I can figure it out.

Picture time. Some are blurry. I will retake and post them later.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Looking good. I'm curious on how your Misty Kush is going to turn out. I'll be starting some MK myself real soon along with Wonder Woman.

Comment

• Madman960
              Madman960 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too on the Misty Kush. Bugs ate the tap root so I had to start another. Waiting for it to sprout. Low temps make it take longer.

• Zomb
              Zomb commented
              Editing a comment
              I won't be too far behind you then. I'll start in another week.

Here is Chrystal number 2, 2 weeks into flower. My other plants have buds too, but they are not as pronounced.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Well I put 5 more seeds in starter cups on 12-29. All have sprouted. I figured it would take a bit longer as my over night temps are in the high 50s to low 60s in my new tent. I have them under my 4ft dual bulb T5s. Using low profile Greek yogurt cups for starting. I start mine in quality soil. Going to switch to a soilless seed starting mix soon. Hoping to eliminate the soil bugs. I started a Misty Kush, White Rhino, Super Skunk, Raspberry Cough, and another Chrystal. I can't believe the size difference between the 2 Chrystal's I have now. Also, Chrystal number 2 is a week younger than Chrystal number 1. However, her buds are developing much faster thus far. As a side note, I still have yet to figure out what to build for the buckets to support the weight of all the colas. I am leaning towards a soil grow this time around.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Group pictures of the girls in their tent. I added 3 CFL 2700k bulbs to the flower tent yesterday to try and cover Crystal's big butt. LOL. Will get individual pics later today when I do the res changes. Was supposed to yesterday but ran out of time. Also switched to 12/12 as no new growth at 10/14.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Today's pictures. Yesterday finished the 2nd week of flower.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking very good!!

• Madman960
                    Madman960 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, ATU!!! Very happy with the 1st grow so far. Not sure how I managed to get 4 out of 4 females and with reg seeds from Nirvana. beginners luck maybe? Lol.

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A little nute burn?

Yes, a touch of nute burn. Really only showed up the past few days even though I did my res changes 2 weeks ago. I lowered PPMs to 1/3 of what I was using. Plan to change out my res weekly instead of every other week as suggested by the manufacturer. I am also only using half of the recommended nutes. Went from over 1,000 ppm to 350. My super skunk has not been the same since spraying with Neem oil almost 2 months ago. However, it is still growing and now it's budding. I will just see what happens. That is mainly what this grow what was about anyway. I have learned plenty and I a having a blast.

Madman

Comment

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is fun isnt it !

• Madman960
                    Madman960 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It certainly is!!! Got my seedlings ready to go for my 2nd grow. Ordering my 2nd 1500 watt LED soon.

I jus got outta the hospital, everything is looking great!!

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hope you are feeling good, Grand.

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah Grand, glad your out of there, an hope you are doing lots better. My Dentist was on chemo an he said smoking pot helped him bigly.

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital Grand. I hope all is well. Thanks. Coming along nicely.

Madman

Comment

• GRAND
                    GRAND commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So far so good brutha! Started my new chemo treatments today.........we'll see how it goes.

P.S. D.A.A.S.69 S.69. your dentist is correct. LOL

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X