Bio bizz light mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bio bizz light mix

I’m using Biobizz light mix with Biobizz grow for my first grow, I want to keep it all organic if I can. I read somewhere that the light mix has a pH of 6.1-6.2 so you should water with pH 7.0-7.3 rather than 6.0-7.0 as stated almost everywhere else. Something about the compounds in the medium correcting the pH at the roots on its own. This would be great for me as my tap water is around pH 7.0-7.4 which means I wouldn’t need to use non organic pH down. Does anyone else have any input/experience/advice regarding this? Thanks.

If your growing in soil you need to keep your ph between 6.0 and 7.0 going in an coming out. Not just 6.0 or 7.0. You have about 10 points to work with. Not hard to do at all. Good luck.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      PS. FFOF is supposed to be around 6.1or 6.2 also, the last two big sacks I bought were between 5.0 an 5.5ph, way to low for soil, so you can't go by what the bag or company says , that's why you better always double check the PH of the soil also, or else you will have either stunted or very slow growing seedlings.

All organic? Then I suppose you are growing outside?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

No, not outside, just using organic medium and nutrients. The reason I ask is that someone quoted an email from bio buzz saying they recommended watering with ph 7.0-7.3. I just wondered if anyone was doing this with good results. I suppose I should just test the run off and see what I’ve got.

Comment

This is what Ed says about pH - 'Most nutrients the plants use are soluble only in a limited range of acidity, from about 5.5 to about 6.5 in mineral soil and 5.6 to 6.4 in a hydroponic medium. Solubility also depends to some extent on the type of soil, planting mix, or hydroponic medium.' So I guess if your pH is above 6.5 then your nutrients are not being absorbed by your plants. Save some money by not using nutrients.
        Last edited by Canuck147; 10-20-2017, 01:36 PM.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Having a look at the biobizz website they say you shouldn’t need to ph your water unless it is outside the normal 7.0 - 7.3 as their soil will automatically correct it. My run off stays at around 6.5 regardless of what I put in.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            If you keep it between 6.0 - an 7.0 you will be fine, my plants seemed to really like it around 6.3- -6.5. Coming out, plenty of buffers in soil. Happy Growing

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X