Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...bottom line...can I smoke my buds with spider mites on them?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnC View Post
    ellz - Where do you think you got the mites from?

Tracked in from outside?
    --Vegetable garden
    --Animals/pets
    --From a plant besides marijuana

From another marijuana garden?
    --Clones were infested with spider mites
    --Tracked spider mites in from another marijuana garden
    --Any time the spider mites were living on another marijuana plant before they got to your plants
    In my experience with "The Borg" (spider mites) is that once they start making webs in the Buds then you will be smoking dead bugs. However I do know of something that will kill the crap out of them. "Captain Jacks Deadbug Brew". Made from Spinoset. You can use it up 'till harvest. I swear by it for Thrips and The Borg.
    As from were you get them. If you deal with clones you will most likely pick up spider mites or thrips.
    Last edited by kingfish; 10-21-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      I will have to look into that product now, thank you for that information! Have you ever used Azamax? I just ordered some of that thinking it might be good after what I read on the page all about spider mites. I also noticed on that same page all the praise for products with Spinoset but was curious to know if it was safe up to harvest (which you so conveniently answered in this post...so thank you).

As for the bugs in the buds, I am only seeing webbing around the leaves right now. There is none in the actual buds which is encouraging! Fortunately, I think leaving my plants covered in foliage (as opposed to cutting back on the leaves) may have saved my buds from "The Borg" but I don't want to celebrate that just yet.

Here are some more pictures from the plant showing the bugs:
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

For future reference. The Borg as Thrips are easy to spot early. As soon as you see little white spots or what looks like shiny streaks like snot. (Thrips) Spray the shit out of them. Check them the next day and if you still see some. Hit them again. I mean spray them to the point where stuff drips of the leaves. Spinoset won't hurt them. Some folks on here remember the Thrips investasion I had last year, and I mean BAD. Two applications, Gone. Get one of these.

Roll over image to zoom in

Solo, Inc.

Solo 418 One-Hand Pressure Sprayer, 1-Liter

Comment

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the sprayer I have. I like it! I will have to pick up something with Spinoset in it. At this point I think the little buggers are dead. I examined the leaves closely and saw the bodies everywhere but nothing moving. I am hoping I will be chopping this crop by the end of next week so I really don't have too much time left to treat them. Still will need to pick up something with Spinoset for my next grow. Sounds like it works great.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X