Rosin Presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosin Presses

I'm curious on peoples thoughts, experience with rosin pressing. I'm looking into getting one soon.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Why press, make oil.

Comment

Hey Ged, we set up a rosin press at my friend's place recently. It's kinda fun but it's also quite a lot of work and there's certainly a skill to it. I wouldn't recommend it as a business proposition, too much effort for very small results. You need very good weed to make good rosin, dreams of turning lame weed into great rosin are just fantasy. I would say that getting a motorized (or compressor driven) press with a built-in, good quality, pressure monitor is a good idea and we'd probably go that extra mile if we were gonna do it again. Despite these reservations, it really is nice to be able to fresh press your own dabs ... this said, after about 3 you can't press anymore ; )

Sammy Pressed Rosin is solventless, a much cleaner process than most oil methods
      Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Totally not looking to go corporate, lol. Just exploring at home options. Over here in the great frozen cornfields there is no access to anything without a 12+ hr drive one way.

I'm still looking at the process but right now my thought is doing a press run every harvest with a percentage of the dry-ice sift kief/hash, possibly some bud haven't decided.

Now that the bulk of my grow purchasing is done I'm starting to look into processing, and you're right on the money about solvent-less. In my particular case, because of my condition, I want to avoid anything that I can catch on fire/explode/injure-kill myself because of a stupid mistake. It's just to easy for me to forget about or overlook something anymore.

Between flower/trim and dry-ice sift I can safely do edibles, e-cig juice and rosin with little danger and pretty much just some product loss if I screw up..

This is the press I'm leaning towards right now. Only a bit over 500 lbs pressure, and for sure not a top of the line deal but it looks like it would do just what I'm looking for at a decent price. The guy goes a bit overboard but it does seem to work decent.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I am also getting ready to do a little pressing. Built a 12 ton press.
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Wall Mart now sells presses!

Comment

Comment

Great thread Ged.... definitely interested in pressing, I've been looking around ......will be asking Santa for this press.

A Heat press machine is designed to apply a graphic substrate such as vinyl using heat and pressure. USCutter has a wide selection of heat presses and bundles: clamshell, swing-arm, mug, cap and multi-purpose at discounted prices. And USCutter provides back their machines with warranty and technical support.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X