New Grower, how's my setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower, how's my setup?

Hello. New grower here. Here's my equipment list and setup.Everything is brand new from Amazon. I will post pictures later. Doing a test run with tomatoes currently.

4x4x7 tent $81
    1500 watt CRXSUNNY LED ( pulls 300 Watts) $140
    General Hydroponics 50 cell Rapid Rooter $23
    25 PC Rockwell cubes $7.50
    Eco Plus air pump with 6 outlet adapter commercial pump $31
    6, 5 gallon buckets with lids from Wal-Mart $30
    T8 light fixture $11 (Walmart)
    2, 3000 Kelvin and 2, 6500 Kelvin bulbs $14 (Walmart)
    100 2 inch net pots forgot price
    50 3 inch net pots forgot price
    20 6 inch net pots forgot price
    6 bucket lid net pots for 5 gallon bucket $30
    Hydroton $25 mid size bag (25L I believe)
    Nukeheads Flower Power Package $70 ( includes shipping)
    Nukeheads Nuclear Juice $85 (includes shipping)
    Hydroguard forgot price
    Fertilome root stimulator for soil $10
    Airstones $30 Walmart
    soil $100 Walmart
    6 inch oscillating fan $20
    4 inch duct fan $25
    4 inch ducting $8
    4 inch carbon filter $35
    PH kit $15 I think
    PH meter $10
    TDS meter $13
    power strip $10 Walmart
    Ratchet hangers, 2 sets $16
    Other various stuff totes,. T5 lights, 150 watt MH light with 4 bulbs, hydrocorn, etc $200. Totes are new. Other stuff was Craigslist finds.

Tent was easy to setup. All metal construction including the corners. I need to build a different style hanger for my LED. A lot of this stuff I realize I don't need. But, it's for future experiments. Prices are for other new growers and for those that may want to upgrade.

Trying out some techniques and nutrients from several YouTube channels. No seeds yet. Or clones. Tomato seeds were planted 6 days ago. Also planted some Blue Fire rainbow roses for my GFS mom. They take forever to germinate. Like 6 weeks. I bought a mum from Wal-Mart for $1 so I can practice taking clones. Will check this afternoon for Roots. Only took cuttings 3 days ago, so not likely.

Happy growing everyone.

Madman
    Last edited by Madman960; 10-18-2017, 08:41 AM.

Looks awesome, mad, and I admire your patience for growing the other flora first!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Good luck.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Morning Maddog 960, Looks like You have got it going on. You did a bunch of shopping didn't you. Plenty of good help here on GWE, if you ever run into any problems, and welcome to GWE, I know I will be following your grows, an Good Luck 960.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Alltattup, It's more of a frugal thing than a patience thing. I would rather kill plants that cost a few cents per seeds instead of my $5 and up seeds. Plus it will let me know if I wanted my money on the nutes. Also, I believe if you are going to do something, you may as well do it right from the beginning.

Canuck147, Thanks!!

D.A.A.S 69,. I did do a bunch of shopping. In fact I just got back from another shopping spree. I get loads of ideas from YouTube and no answers. So I will run some experiments for you guys. I will post my ideas first, in the of chance someone else already did the experiment. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I added a ceramic heater with digital thermostat and rated for humid areas. My tent is in a basement so a bit of extra hear may be necessary soon. I also added a humidifier for seedlings and beginning veg. I also grabbed a second Temp gauge with humidity and stores highs and lows of each per day. Going to need a few more notebooks. LOL.

I plan to run an experiment next week with DWC and my humidifier. I will have a light nute mix of Nuclear Juice and hydroguard in the res. In the humidifier, I will run a weak solution of Fertilome. Fertilome is a root stimulator designed for soil. I know it doesn't work in DWC. I asked the grower that did the experiment, if he tried foliar feeding to see if that would work with no response. I am lazy, so I decided to get a cheap $20 humidifier that I can use to test out my theory. I will be using my tomato seedlings. Tomato seeds are cheap and they sprout and grow rather quickly. Thus, they are near perfect for experimentation.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

grow tent

Comment

I will be doing soil and DWC for my 1st grow. I a new to hydroponics and growing mmj. However, I a not new to growing vegetables and house plants. My main concern is actually lighting. I chose LED for heat and energy savings. The downside is, I don't really know how my particular light compares to a HO HPS. It does say it is a full spectrum light so it should be better in that regard. The listing on Amazon, does not give PAR or lumen output. I prefer lumens so I can try to get a side by side comparison. I do know that when I turned on the 1500 watt LED in the kitchen at noon, it outshined the sun!!! By that I mean it was brighter than all the light coming through the windows. It is very intense.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

I do have a question. How many plants could I possibly flower in a tent this size? Veg is no issue as I could veg outside of the tent.

Happy Growing.

Madman

Comment

I would say about, 5 plants. good luck with everything!! can't wait to see more of your experiments.....

Comment

Grand,. Thanks. I will gladly post my experiments. No point in all of us spending our time and money on the same experiments. If anyone wants to me to try something, just post and I will tell you if I can or if I seen it somewhere.

Happy growing.

Madman
                    Last edited by Madman960; 10-18-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Pictures of my tomatoes. They were seeds 6 days ago.

Comment

I have one more question. If I were to do a DWC grow in a 50 gallon container with 1 or possibly 2 plants, and maybe 2 1500 watt LED lights, would the grow be to much for that tent? I like to push boundaries. I haven't seen a DWC grow in a 50 gallon container or I wouldn't be asking.

Happy Growing.

Madman960

Comment

I have seen 1 on YouTube to get around the laws where he was he was growing 4 massive plants with a recurculating system in 55 gal plastic barrels
                          It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

Link? or something specific I can search? Thanks.

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Hey all. Here are some pictures of Roots on my very mature Snap Dragon plants. Now, I messed up. I do not have before pictures. But, these Roots are growing at an insane rate. I have been foliar feeding for 2 days. In my res, I have Nuclear Juice and hydroguard. Wish I would have started taking pictures sooner.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                              X