New grower using LED light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower using LED light.

Hi everyone, I’m a new grower from th UK.

I’m growing some CBD Nordle in a tent with a Viparspectra 450 reflector light.

I’ve read some bad reviews on other forums about this light but it seems to be working ok for me so far (only 3 weeks from seed though!) it was recommended on the website so I’ll see how it goes, I’m keeping the light 24-30” above the plant. No nutrients yet as it looks nice and green using only Ph’d water in biobizz light mix. It’s up to its 4th node now and I’m planning to manifold it when it’s up to the 6th node. I’ll put it into a 27ltr (not sure how many gallons that is) smart pot once it gets big enough. Temps are 22-24c.

Looking forward to this grow, would love any advice or comments as I’d like to get this right first time.

Evening Kobayashi, your gonna hear bad reviews about all lights, if your young plant is doing fine I wouldn't worry about anything . And if she is a strong grower ,you can start your training whenever you want to , pictures would really help, have you got any pictures? ? A little later you might want to try to lower your lights a little, Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• St.buds
      St.buds commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I agree if your plant is healthy and has four nodes I'd top it now and start the training process or u just waste more time in the veg stage

I love my viperspectra i have 2 300w and they are just fine for me u have nice big flowers on my plant I grow 2 plants on a rotation in my auto tent so each plant has it's own 300 w light don't worry mate that light should be fine.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I usually look at reviews in two categories:

Things that have to do with the product itself or shipping such as several bad ballast reports or lots of bulb issues or dents etc. A few here and there are normal but if I see a trend I take it serious.

Things that have to do with operation of the product such as my plants died, doesn't work right, etc. a lot of times these have nothing to do with the product but are strictly operator error and may not even be related to the product at all. Unless these types of reviews are in regards to something I already considered a possible problem or like every review were to say the same thing I really don't give them much weight.

I looked into the viperspectra and it looks like a solid light for the price point. Not top of the line but then again you aren't paying 4 figures for a damned light. They seem to me to be on par with the GalaxyHydro LEDs which I use. If I do a replacement on my lights the VS will definitely be on the list of contenders.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

The vipraspectra lights are awesome, but with leds the companys lie about the true wattags, look up the true watts and u want 50-100true watts per sqf.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I’ll try and get some pictures up over the next few days.

I was going to follow Nebula’s manifold tutorial which says to top the plant down to the third node once it’s up to 5 or 6 nodes.

I’ve read conflicting views on how high above the plant to have the light, Viparspectra recommend 24” but a few people say it needs to be nearer 30” I was planning to set it at 30” and let the plant grow up into the light until it reached 24” then move it again etc. I just want to avoid burning it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X