LED LIghts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED LIghts

I have a 32x32x62 tent and I plan to put 2 plants, now what I would like to know is my GalaxyHydro 300w full spectrum LED light strong enough or should I use 2?

Hey Sparkee2017 I think you're going to need a much higher and wider tent size if you're planning on growing 2 plants. The height of your tent is 5 feet-2 inches; let's just say 5 feet. You're going to need at least a foot of that for hanging your LED's. Another foot for the height of your bucket/s. That's 2 feet so far. Then you'll need at least another 2 feet (or more) for the distance between the LED's and your plant's canopy. That's 4 feet so far. You're going to have a foot of space left to grow your plant/s. That's not very ideal. I suggest a 4'x2' tent with a height of at least 7'. You need a bit more width for 2 plants, so a 4x2 is a better choice rather than just a square of 2 ft, 8 inches. As far as the watts go of your LED's, 300w can handle them both for veg. You'll need twice that for flower though. Or go 150 veg (if you can), then go 300 for flower. A small tip; always hang your LED's as far high as your tent allows when you start. Then slowly lower them as you monitor the plant's reaction. Many LED growers make the mistake and place the LED's too close and end up frying their young plants. Hope this helps. Good luck with your growth.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Sparkee2017
      Sparkee2017 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, will look into asap..

So I have a 2 x 4 x 5 with 2 plants each under there own 300w led viperspectra I grow in dwc and use 3.5 gal buckets I am growing autos in this set up i top and tie down. I have had no problems growing nice flowers under these lights.
    I would get another light but your tent should be fine train to your space.
    My other plant is small I grow on a rotation in this tent so I can harvest every month.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

With proper training, you can get some good yields out of your growing space. I've done it for years using a 2.5 x 2.5 x 5.0 foot enclosed box.

Also, check with the manufacturer regarding your grow light. They might provide recommendations regarding how high they should be placed. I have a 250-watt LED light and I keep mine 18 and 24 inches above the plant canopy.

Comment

With leds they lie about the wattage. Look into the light and find the true wattage and u want 50-100true watts per sqf

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X