1000 watt hps to 315 cmh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 watt hps to 315 cmh

Hey everybody hope all is well, So I drew out a couple of sketches to see what you think. I have found a 630 (two 315 in one hood) but the bulbs on those are horizontal so not sure I want to go that route. This will be in stages, one at a time. Right now I am running two 1000 watt bps over two 4 x 4 trays. Any advice is appreciated.
    Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Why are you switching to cmh ?
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

• tvbfe
      tvbfe commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told I would bet better results,

• DrPhoton
      DrPhoton commented
      Editing a comment
      CM halides efficiency is not better than HPS, if anything its only just as good. However it may be slightly better than a 1000w HPS due to lower efficiency from the larger output. A 600w on the other hand would see an identicle or better result. Then there is the double ended HPS, nothing beats that other than LED.

Save your money and stick with your HPS. 1000w bulbs can cover areas of 5x5 and more. Bulbs should always be horizontal for maximum efficiency and the hood size and shape is important for maximum distribution.

• tvbfe
      tvbfe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks dan I am gonna stick with what I've got, thanks for the info! The hoods I am running are the sun system XXXL Dominator air cooled at around 28" from canopy I also have a couple Sun system Irradiator air cooled in the garage but decided on the bigger hoods,

Your post and pics are a bit confusing with not enough info to understand what's going on. Any way you can draw up a better, clearer image (or take a pic of your setup) to describe what you are doing so we can better help you? You say in your post "but the bulbs on those are horizontal so not sure I want to go that route." Can I ask why not? What's wrong with horizontal bulbs? They seem to be the norm. Then you say "This will be in stages, one at a time". What do you mean by that? You're running 2-1000w hps over 2 4x4 trays. How many plants in each tray, how old are they and what stage are they in? How far above the canopy do you have those 1000w lights? As DrPhoton asked above, why are you switching to the CMH's? From what I understand, whatever watts you have during veg, you'd like at least double that for flower.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Its basically a coverage question didn't mean to confuse anyone lol.
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

I would also recommend staying with the HPS lights, my question is : how the hell are u running 2 1000 watt systems and the electric company isn't sending the police!!??!!!? LoL but good luck with your babies!!

Comment

• tvbfe
          tvbfe commented
          Editing a comment
          Colorado, I'm pretty small potatoes out here lol Thanks for the well wishes GRAND

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X