Fruit Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Fruit Flies

Hi all, I've done some searching and have been unable to find the answer as it relates to cannabis plants.

Im having some fruit flies in my veg tent. What is the best and safest way to remove them? Are they even a real risk to my plants?

I'm using super soil, all organic grow.

As of today I've only got a handful of smaller plants in there so removing/treating them elsewhere is easier than normal.

Could they be thrips or fungus gnats? Do they seem to fly out of the top of the root zone?
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Any wine around? Put some in a saucer or bowl, fruit fly will fly to it and drown.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Are they brown or black? I am going to guess you have fungus gnats. Get a small fan and dry out your top soil. That will get rid of most of them. Check Amazon for pesticides to complete the genocide.

Comment

I do have excellent air flow and ventilation, and to be honest, the flies seem to be mostly gone overnight. Ill be monitoring this closely over the next week or so.

Thanks for your input!

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Get a fly strip.

Let the soil dry out, yellow sticky pads, mosquito bites or mosquito dunks. Check out the website basically if you let the soil dry out they can survive I think there's a Damascus Earth or something like that that will kill him as well some people use sand. ☮️

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X