Pc Case Grow of a first timer :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc Case Grow of a first timer :)

Hey everyone! It is my first post in the forum but I was reading the posts and journals for quite some time in forum and for some time I have decided to build a pc case into a grow box for growing my own buds. Sorry if I have some stupid info in things that I am about to write. And please correct me yet I dont have any experience at all. Iam also planning to make a journal here. First of all this is day 6 for one of the seedlings in Soil and day 5th for 2 of them. They are no-name unknown species that came from a friend. He also doesnt know anything about the strain but he said he didnt get much high when he smoked it as a spliff. He needed to smoke alot to feel high. I assume thats because of female plant had seeds in it. And repeating, have no info about their sex or being dominant in sativa or indica. That was my only chance for seeds yet I went really low for buying requirements to build pc box. I will determine healthiest of the females if I get any from these 3 any will try to take care of it till the end. I am also planning to LST it. What are the key points of LST'ing a plant? Currently I think they are growing a bit slow, am i so exaggerated or is it normal?
    Currently I am using 3 regular 8 cm Pc fans, 2 intake and 1 exhaust. I will add some pictures of my setup aswell. Also got 4 CFL lights, 2 sunlight, 2 cool white. In they are Total around 100 Watts. My pc case is around 41-42 cms. So when should I consider starting LST? Is there a certain size in comparison to my case size that I should provoke them to flower phase after vegetation?
    My soil is a turf with Ph 6-6.5. Is this type of medium suitable for canopy?
    I dont know about my Tap water so I am using a ph 7-7.5 water bought from supermarket. But I am really scared to overwater them so I am spraying soil with water 2-3 times daily and adding very little amount of water.
    I am also told that I will need nutrients in vegetation and bloom phases and they should be different in NPK ratios. Currently I have a blue colored 20-20-20 from Masterblend brand that I am not sure if is ok or not.
    Seedlings are in case for 2 days under 24-0 cycle. I was afraid to put them there because I was not sure about lights effect on them. They seemed so little you know
    I also measured my temperature inside of the case and it is around 20-22 C degrees. Plants are around 25 cm away from lights. They were all about 6-6.5 cm in height but i added a little bit more of my turf on top of the pot today and they look shorter than they actually are. When is the right time for transplanting them? I know its early to talk about it but should i really buy/diy a carbon filter for smell? I am living totally alone and no one comes to my apartment. If i need to do one how efficient is DIY carbon filters are? Should I make any changes in pots position?

Sorry for my English and stupid mistakes if I made any. Please commentate on my setup and tell me if you see anything wrong. Also expecting to see some suggestions from you my dear masters Will update this topic once in a while. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by teachmemasta; 10-14-2017, 04:02 PM.

Evening teach , and welcome to GWE , there is plenty of nice smart folks on here that will be glad to help you. Right now if I was you and really wanted to learn, I would not just read the forum but I would be reading over and over GWE about how to grow, Nebula has got all the information you need, just start on the first page she has got it all wrote down for you. Then while your reading an learning just don't overwater your seedlings. Good luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

1st week update:
      1- I moved seedlings to an upper position yet they are literally icnreased their leaf size and started growing 2nd pair of leaves. What i realized at that time was 1 of the seedlings had its baby leaflet pairs brown. I will add a maginfied picture of it so you can help me diagnose what was wrong with it so I wont repeat that mistake. Then I removed that plastic cups and started using a wet towerl placed under the pots to keep humidity high inside. PS: pictures are after spraying the soil with water.
      2- I dont think I am overwatering them yet everytime I open the case and see the upper layer of soil (1-2 cm) is dead dry. But still leaflets of seedlings, all 3 of them drooping. Their 2nd pair of leaflets are growing fairly normal and I realized after moving them up they are growing much faster.
      3- Part that I am wondering is their roots situation. They dont seem so stable except of them but they dont tend to strech either. Shouldnt roots be growing and holding soil better when its watered decently and seedling itself in not streching? I added that plastic parts because 2 intake fans were swaying them a lot. I mean, a lot. So I wanted to limit at least 1 side which I thought may lead having better roots.
      4- Their color is pretty green no light-green or yellow.
      5- Are droopy leaves looking like a problem?
      6- Should I keep them in these small pot-like things untill they show their sex or yet they all have finished their first week today, transplanting is better? If yes, When to transplant then?
      Please feel free to comment below and correct me If you see anything wrong with my setup or seedlings situation.

Comment

Drooping leaves usually means you are just a little late to water them, by the way I usually try to water them at the first sign of drooping. You transplant when the leaves get even with your cups your growing them in. They need water when you see drooping. But not to much water. Good Luck Teach.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks for both of your answers d.a.a.s.69! I was so scared of overwatering issues and i hesitated for watering. I will transplant them as you said. Will update next week ^_^

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your very welcome Teach, Nebula has excellent advice on GWE, about when to transplant, you really need to get them growing real good before you start lst. It's real easy, not hard at all, just wait till you get them in your new pots an they are growing well. Peace

Hey folks of green! I am back with another update. I have transplanted all the plants in the end. But bad news. 3 pots are not fitting in the case at the moment. So i decided to put 1 of them out and placed it in front of a window. Dont know what will happen with that one and so pictures dont include that one. I transplanted these 2 in pictures yesterday. And there is a particular difference in their size. My feelings on bigger one are telling me it will be a male. Big one also had its first pair of leaves gone yellow and those leaves died whatever i did. I used nutrients 3-4 days ago with lower amount than written on package. Tell me your opinions about these beauties. I will go for some adjustments and changes for the PC Box in weekend and will be back with a better update.
          Last edited by teachmemasta; 10-31-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Something i wanted to add that i forgot was i am basically not getting any horizontal growth. They are really bushy. Should i start lsting to decrease their vertical growth?

Comment

Morning teach, what size pots are they in now, ? Looks kinda small from your pictures. You can start LST, when they are very young ,if they look like they are doing Ok.
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

My case is actually 41-42 cms in length and they are halftway so around 20-21 cms in length. (pot included ofc) I will manifold them tonight and then will start lsting tomorrow. What to do with the plant that i had to leave out? I am suspecting one of these in the case is a male as i said. If that turns out to be male and one outside is a female then i will move the other in and kill the male bastard. But that will lead different levels of growth and applying 12 12 at the same time will lead to lower amount of yield from one of them i think. I hope both will be females in case. If both are males im fucked.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X