Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait...Is Making Oils/Butter Illegal in California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait...Is Making Oils/Butter Illegal in California?

I just saw this and am unclear on what constitutes a "concentrate":

[From: http://norml.org/laws/item/california-penalties ]

"If the manufacturing process utilized screens, presses, or any other means not involving a chemical synthesis, then the offense is considered unauthorized processing of marijuana. Unauthorized processing of marijuana carries a term of imprisonment 16 months, 2 years, or three years as determined by the court."

Sounds like RSO, at least, is highly illegal:

"If the manufacturing process involved extraction chemicals, such as butane, then it is considered manufacture by means of chemical synthesis of a controlled substance. Manufacture by means of chemical synthesis of a controlled substance carries a fine no greater than $50,000 and a term of imprisonment of 3, 5, or 7 years as determined by the court."

So, is making cannaoil and cannabutter still illegal in California?
    First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

First I would suggest giving a lawyer a call. Anything short of an authority is simply a guess.

This is how I understand it:

It is legal to make concentrates if licences etc. are gotten from the State. This is seriously for large manufacturers.

The intent of the law is to stop people from blowing up places in residential areas.

A Cal. Supreme Court ruling back in like '08 stated that the law was intended to safely regulate chemical extractions

My guess:

If they catch you with 1000's butane containers or high pressure/heat equipment they're gonna nail your ass.

If they happened to walk in while dry-sifting, or Ice water extracting, and probably even a reasonably sized rosin press, it's really gonna depend on you and the cop.

If they catch you with a legal limit of concentrates, let them try to prove who made it, lol.

Again I would ask a lawyer or contact your local NORML chapter for more precise and legally factual info.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X