Must trim be dried before decarbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must trim be dried before decarbing?

Just harvested, buds are hanging and have a few oz of trim. I was thinking of chopping it, let it cook at 225F for about 35 min and then grinding it and let it go for another 30 min or so? Will this work for butter?

First I'll let them dry well, until it's crispy. Then you can decarboxilate until the color has changed from green to a green-gold palid color (check it out if necessary, so you don't burn your trim). Then it's done for any type of recipe. I usually melt the butter and take off all the fat so you get a clear butter, so it looks just like oil. Check out this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpQ2cpscgYo
    Peace

Comment

Thank you. I will let the trim dry for a few days. Clarified butter removes some of the buttery taste. Not a bad idea for some recipes.

Comment

LFK53 I am buying this machine that lets you decarb fresh bud. I don't want to sound like I'm advertising, but I was wondering the same thing. Because I like to cure bud as well, but there is nothing like fresh cannabis, to me it's a whole new ball game.

The decarb machine is the Nova by Advent.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I think you'll need to decarb the fresh material longer than dried and cured material. It'll take longer for wet material to get up to temp.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I won't receive this machine until the end of this month, but I'm really looking forward to learning how to decarb fresh material.

I have been cooking up leaves in the morning as medicine, and these are leaves in about weeks 2-4 of flower that smell wonderful but with no visible triches on them, and this medicine works for hours!! I steam cook in water with a little olive oil for around 10 min. There is so much to learn about this amazing plant.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X