Lights are up high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights are up high

Hello I have my lights up from my plants there 30" high from the plants. But it looks like I have light burn. Soil is wet. I'm 3 weeks away from turning the lights to 12/12 for flowering. I cleaned up the bottom of them, put a plastic net in for the flowers. Got things all ready for the next stage and over night they look like they burned and are drying. Humidity is 55-60.

Sorry angeljo, we can't help without more information. What type lights, soil, how are you watering an how much, how big are your pots? Pictures would help. Without knowing ,it's a guess.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Sorry l have LEDS 450 2 in a 24"×48" And 72" high tent. Soil is a compost blend. My ph is good 6.0- 6.50. Pots are smart pots 7gl. Water about every other day about 1/2 gl. tell water runs out the bottom..

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Do not water anymore u ntill your pots are completely dry an your plants are almost wilting, MJ likes to dry out before watering.

Morning angeljo , sorry for taking so long to answer. You don't water that way . MJ likes to go from a wet to just about completely dry. Under those leds you need to be watering about every 3or4 days an not every other day. They need to dry out completely, almost till the plants start drooping ,Then pick up your pot and feel how light the pot is. Now add enough water till 15 to 20 percent of what you just put in comes out the bottom of your pot, now pick up your pot an feel how heavy it is. Next DON'T water again till the pot is as light as it was when it was drooping. That's how you water a plant when needed. Not a little every couple of says, but ONLY when dry. I hope you don't have root problems. You need to flush your plant real good and don't water them again u ntill dry, if they were mine after you flush them I would only give her about 1quarter of whatever you were using to feed them with before. Check your runoff PH when it comes out of the bottom. You got some deficiency problems and light burn those are strong ass lights, are those Platinum brand leds ? If it is they need to be damn near high as you can get them in your tent. You also need to get your humidity down before they start flowering. Most I've written in a long time . Good Luck with em
      Cfls for a week or two
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Sorry I put it in the wrong spot Angelo.plus you need to try to get your humidity down before they start flowering
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I cannot exclude light burn but at 80cm distance with a 450W LED UNLIKELY. I would rather look (once again) into potassium deficiency. Possible pH problems from overwatering (?) and therefore a nute lockout. ph 6.0 is SLIGHTLY below optimal for soil.
          You also don't say what nutrients you give (if any)...so a def is well possible. My $0.02

Comment

Hey flexy, I'm not real sure but they I think those are platinum 450 led lights an they are using 2 of them, I think those are about as good of led light as you can get. they aren't cheap by no means.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Oh no, HELL NO.

The first thing that strikes me is their claims of being the most efficient LED for PAR/WATTS...but no measurements but just spammy sites repeating the claims over and over.
              It's SIMPLY 150 normal 3W LEDs, as it looks at least not Epistar but possibly CREE.

Go on any GOOD resource with enthusiasts, and read, such as:

I was considering the purchase of an LED and wanted to know if anyone uses the Advanced Platinum LEDS? This is the one I was considering, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTBZKDE?psc=1 Advanced Platinum Series P450 450w 12-band LED Grow Light - DUAL VEG/FLOWER FULL SPECTRUM Are they any good? I have...

(Which is possibly be the best forum if you're REALLY into stuff like grow light tech etc.)

And this light with its 150 3W Leds is $500? You must be kidding me.

I a not saying that this light must be "bad" because it may well be ok, but I see the typical scammy marketing, outrageous claims and overpriced tech which is actually very outdated. I guarantee you here and right now that these claims about the "highest efficiency of all LEDs" are total BS....and that any DIY fixture, say based on CREE CXB3590 beats this light easily.
              (And..beg me pardon, measuring PAR at 6" distance? Lolmao)

That being said, I do NOT think, at all, that he gets light burn from a fixture with 150 3W Leds at 80cm distance. This, TBH, is pretty much impossible.

Comment

You also get light burn on top, not on the lower leaves...
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ain't that the truth Alltatup, I've seen lots of folks get light bleach-burn from those Platinum lights, a heck of a lot more from Platinum leds, than the less expensive ones.

• Flexy123
                  Flexy123 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes and his new growth looks totally fine as well.

When I started growing I started with these cheap "300W" LED grow lights. My very-first grow was a total fail, and plants lost all colour and literally got WHITE.
                I was also told this was "light bleach" and people said this is what is supposed to happen if you grow with LEDs....but seriously...in hind sight this was total BS. I just made a lot of rookie mistakes, from wrong watering to not care about pH or whatnot and much more. Just saying that I don't *think* it's light bleach if someone says he has a 450W LED in 80cm distance, there are many more things which are far more likely. On the other hand, I see that these lights also use UV LEDs and possibly even IR (too lazy to go over the specs now)...so this may well be an issue. Just saying that once I switched to CREE CXB3590 based lights, I have NEVER seen any issues or deficiences, white plants, bleaching or whatnot. And some of my plants are very close to the lights, like 4".

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X