No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on whats wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RobM, what's your PH if your runoff water?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Flexy123
      Flexy123 commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally never cared about runoff pH, it's *always* way off, like 6.5 in, 4something out

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time IV had a problem start the first thing I'd find is the runoff out from 6.Ph. are you talking about coco?

• Flexy123
      Flexy123 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, sorry no exp with coco. Have exp with Hempies (perlite, vermiculite) and soil.

Potassium Deficiency effects the edges almost all the way to the middle of the leaves and is often mistaken for nutrient burn, but what you have here is most likely heavy nutrient burn, judging from the pic I do not think it is a potassium deficiency

Comment

RobM

I am going back to the question " Any thoughts what went wrong"
      1). Your pot size is too small 8L or 2 gal is too small for that plant so next time move up to 16-20 L, around 5 gal.
      with your small pot you are having root problems which can look a lot like a deficiency.

Root problems can cause wilting, drooping, nutrient issues, spots & other strange symptoms. Learn the common root problems and how to treat & prevent them.

2) Ph, you are feeding @ 5.6 ph going in which means your runoff will be lower you need to be between 5.8-6.3 ph RUNOFF. your plants root zone in coco likes it around 6ph in coco.

Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!

3) look like the peeps on here that use the same nute(I use FoxFarm) say you should lower it. Good advice as the Hydro store wants to sell you as much as they can, listen to Growers that use it daily will get you better results.

Did your plant grow into your light? From the pictures you could have some light bury, bleach tops and burnt leaves are a sign of light burn but I'd go with PH and small pot first.
      Now if this was my plant I wouldn't transplant in flowering, it is putting it energy into flowering and will get confused and start growing Roots again but I would flush with PH WATER AT 6 -6.5 UNTIL YOU GET 6.0 RUN OFF in one go, then adjust your nutrients down, and water ones, nutes ones using the pot weight method to determine when to water then hang on till the end
      this is my opinion of what I would do in your case.
      hope this helps happy growing
      Mr.F

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

i agree, normally you wouldnt water every day , but i think his pot is really really small. what size is the pot again RobM ?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          2 gal.

Sorry for late reply. been doing some long hours :/

hey Mr.furley ... Thanks for that. Yeah i checked the roots today and yep almost root bound so about to transplant. Yes I know its not a good idea etc BUT its that or more issues down the line. Im 5 days into flower so see how I go. Ive been landscape gardening the last 2 years so i sorta know what i'm doing. haha I didn't expect the growth in the past few weeks that i have gotten.

Ok currently I don't check pH of waste water, I shell start doing so and adjusting as required. No the plant didn't get to the lights hell didnt even get close. Most tips are burnt and some leaves have burns around the edge... not many though.

Actually my hydro shop guys are quite good. They have actually stopped me buying stuff I didn't need (least the guy i always talk to.. cant speak for the rest of the staff )

I agree about the watering. Mistakes made. :/

Anyways Ill update in a day .. Thanks heaps hey. I know ill make a mistake or 10 but thats the fun of learning something new

time for a smoke
        Last edited by RobM; 10-10-2017, 07:42 AM.
        Current grow

4x bubbas gift
        4gal fabric pots..
        coca using nutrafield coca a/b and go green.
        600w how in 1x1x2m tent. 150mm grofan extraction

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning robm, like mr.Furley said you need to definitely start checking your runoff, that's how you stop the problems before they get started. So you can adjust. Good Luck

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Evening Rob,
          Sorry.for a late reply
          Boy that is a little mess, looks like it was root bound, circled around itself and got stunted. I've seen tomato plants that are huge in small pots survive after being transplanted so there's hope as far as cutting or massaging cannabis roots I haven't done it I have done it to other plant some like some it's a nono. Mistakes happen to us all, I just the other day looked at a plant in a 4" and went, oh you are twice the size of your container sure as could be root heavy when I transplant, it happens. Good luck with it and keep us post how it does. Keep in mind all the great info from everyone in the thread it will save your future grows.
          Mr.F

Well. Some strange shit going on here. Ok i had the plants in their early life in a small 1/2L pot... when it got to the right size i moved it to a bigger one. Well when I went to transplant it the roots have not grown any bigger than what they were in the small pot. its still the original pot size (ill post pic in a sec. i hate typing on my phone :P ) Its been in a bigger pot for 5 weeks at a guess. any thoughts on this? Its quite bound up best I could think of was to tease and replant.. Up until a few days ago it had been growing really well.

this is a random seed and unknown sex so i wont be too bothered BUT in saying that Im not about to give up either
        Current grow

4x bubbas gift
        4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Current grow

4x bubbas gift
          4gal fabric pots..

Comment

your in a tough spot buddy, do the best you can to separate the roots away from each other and any dirt that may be bound to the inner root coil, be gentle, obviously, then replant in a much lighter mix. im not sure what else you can try for the roots except to just give them the extra time they need to recover so they can start to grow correctly.

Comment

Hey so water run off was 6.2 .. 6.0 was what i feed them with

so the transpalnt with my bigger one thats going well but was almost rootbound has gone well. 24 hrs and no droop or any signs of stress.

as for sick plant. No better or worse.... runoff was 6.1. No nutes other than whats in the tap (off hand 200 ppm i think). That plant never got close to root bound thats the odd thing of it all.... it baffles me why it gone like that while thr other that was done at the same time is florishing (both girls from the looks) see how she goes.

Going to take a cutting tomorrow night. Being only a week in wont take much to revert back (just got to finish wiring my liight board) bubbas gift has a 6 or 7 week flower time i believe from what ive read. Cant wait haha. Waiting to cure is going to be a mongrel

anyways again thanks so much for your assistance. Ill uodate on sickie tomorrow night

i think next time ill do a grow log to keep track of everything
              Current grow

4x bubbas gift
              4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Been doing some thinking... coukd gnats cause this damage? I made a mistake i think.. when i mixxed a brick of coco and perlite together i used what i needed and lwft the rest outside. When i repotted i added more and used the stuff that had been sitting outside.... i have a few gnats flying around my tent.

just a thought. Still looking sick. One of my others is a boy... least 1 is flourishing haha

as the pythons say... always look on the bright side of life
                Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Yep already been on reading that. Cheers
                Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Yes bugs are hardly ever good but gnats are among those which are actually *relatively* harmless. But they are bad for seedlings because they eat on the roots, but not so much for older plants.
                  Gnats are almost ALWAYS a sign from over-watering because they live in wet/humid soil. So when you see them, turn down your watering. (You should always let your soil "dry out" between waterings, even if your plants start to wilt because they are dry, this is not an issue because they recover within an hour or two. I often actually only water once I see plants wilting. MUCH better than overwatering!)

Aside from watering less (which should get rid of gnats), you can also cover the top of your pots with perlite, sand etc. so they can't lay their eggs in there.

Comment

Well its still sick. Killed the bugs (stopped watering .. let dry out. And neam oil)

its flowering still. Im thnking i wana hack the lower branches away but ill just let it so its thing. No idea what the roots did what they did. Ill get a pic later but a week of phd water and sfa else

see what i get off her. If i get a oz dried ill be happy. Least i got me some clones gor next round (if my bloody mister nossles stop blocking up)
                    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

• stevenics
                      stevenics commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it happens man, in the future try to be offensive and preventative when it comes to any problems you encounter during your grow, for example when i do grow with soil i keep a 1 inch layer of Diamataceous Earth on the top of the soil to stop soil born pests. the less problems you encounter during the grow the better your plants will be. in order to get truly awesome bud you have to take the plants from seedling to harvest with NO major problems and relatively no minor problems, if ph fluctuation was your worst problem then your in good shape. but if you get pests or root rot or any thing else it will always take away from your final product, but you can encounter a couple major problems and if you deal with them quickly and correctly they wont do to much harm to your final harvest. Basically just remember for your next grow to be preventative about soil pests and ph problems any whatever else, being good at being defensive is great but prevention will take you through a full grow with no problems. just keep it up bud.

• RobM
                      RobM commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yeah i've read good thing about the Diamataceous Earth.. i just could not find any locally. Ive dosed the crap out of them with neam oil. best i could do. when I started i could see things moving in the coco. not any more lol. I still have a few flying gnats but not to bothered about them. (got to get some fly paper later today)

Next grow Im going to do 1 plant in a DWC to give it a try. the other 3 will be in coco again (for my safety lol)

Could have been worse... could have been spider mite..

thanks for your help hey

Well as an update. 2 weeks into flower and i ditched it. Took a few clones but unsure if they will root.

retrospect ahould have just put it outside and ler it revert back to flower and see if it recovered.. ah well. Other plant is blooming.. 4 weeks left approx. Such is life
                    Current grow

4x bubbas gift
                    4gal fabric pots..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X