Airstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airstones

What am I looking for in an air stone for a five gallon bucket? Is bigger, better? Is there such a thing as too big(diminishing returns)? Do you have a favorite brand or air stone in particular? Any information you want to tell me about air stones for both single and double air lines(especially if your answers don't pertain to any of the questions I asked) will be much appreciated!

IMO this medium size air stone is all you will need per 5-gallon bucket. I tried several shapes and sizes and the medium, round, air stones seem to do a better job and are easy to clean after every harvest. The larger round size is a bit overkill for a 5-gallon bucket. The flat ones that lay at the bottom eventually end up being covered by the root mass. The medium, round one you can at least lift up easier if it get's tangled in a few roots and placed in a new spot. Make sure you have a pretty decent air pump too. Again, this is just from my experience.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Howdy RFheavy, I use two 2" diameter by 4" long air stones in my 6 gallon totes connected to a dual outlet air pump. In past grows the stones get 'root bound' and require clearing during the grow. I purchased a quad outlet pump (256 GPH) and I am going to try it with four air stones per reservoir. I do not re-use the air stones after a grow because if it cannot be boiled or soaked in bleach solution, I do not re-use it to prevent cross contamination. Besides, the 4 inch stones are only $3.00 each where I get them online.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I bought these for my next grow, they'll be delivered any day now, currently I'm Using two large air diffuser for a 16 gallon reservoir, previously I had been using one large air diffuser, before that I was using large air stones, when I was using a five and 10 gallons bucket I was using medium to large air stones, then moved on to medium air diffusers, now in my 16 gallon reservoir I have two large air diffusers and they work better than any air stones could , even for smaller reservoirs a small air diffuser is better than a small air stone. And most air diffusers are not even that much more expensive than air stones. I went ahead and purchased the o2grow diffusers for my next room since I'll be using 2-20 gallons reservoirs . Supposedly the o2grow diffusers are the best, but they are expensive. I know from personal experience that regular air diffusers work better than regular air stones. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-QouKOGApU. Check out this video

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X