CO2 and fog machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO2 and fog machines

so in setting up a CO2 sensor, my buddy asked me to breathe a vape cloud onto it. The reading went through the roof which got me thinking.

Adverse health effects

Atmospheric effects generated using water and dry ice or liquid nitrogen can present asphyxiation or breathing hazards. Both carbon dioxide and nitrogen displace ordinary air and the oxygen it contains, creating a risk of subtle anoxia (lack of oxygenation) for people working in these atmospheres.
    clearly dry ice isn't very cost effective or effective in general as covered in many tutorials, but what about a water made fog machine like the one here?

Water Only Fog Machine (No Dry Ice, No Fog Juice): Water Only Fog Machine Everybody loves fog, Theatrical Fog that is - Especially at Halloween, and there are many ways to make it: 1. Dry Ice was my first introduction to fog - Dry Ice dropped into hot water provided LOTS of dense low-lying fog. It w…

all logic welcome

No c in water just some h and a 0 so u won't make co2
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

fair enough. now what about the other types of foggers. clearly the VG/PG vape set off the CO2 meter, so i would think a VG/PG fogger would have the same effect?

i have been having trouble finding something online about the contents of vape and where that CO2 may have come from.

nothing about CO2 listed here even in cigarette smoke. my guess is that the vape, as mentioned in the wikipedia article simply displaced the oxygen so that CO2 was the majority gas present and stayed that way until the vape dissipated. Is displacing oxygen for an extended period as good as adding CO2? if so, seems that would be the simplest and cheapest method.
      Last edited by DDskary; 10-05-2017, 06:20 PM.

Comment

i think it set off the co2 meter from breathing out onto it, did you try blowing onto the meter without the vapor?

Comment

oh yeah. it definitely registered CO2 from normal breath but the vapor sent it through the roof. i forgot how many PPM he said it maxes out at but it's for his grow setup. i suppose the vape could absorb and suspend the exhaled CO2 but there was like 5 times as much CO2 as from a normal breath and since the vape itself doesn't seem to contain any CO2 my guess is that it was the only thing not displaced.

Comment

U have a couple great options for different size rooms, in a 4x4 space the fermantion method works awesome and is cheap. 1gal water 2cups white sugar and 2tbsp of yeast shake and this. Is enough co2 unless u have huge amounts of light then just add 3 bottles and ull be set. Or for 5x5-8x8 space u can get exhale co2 bags these bags add 300-400ppm per 5x5 bags cost 40ish bucks. 2 bags per 8x8 space and you hang and there good for 6months. Or if u have larger areas like 10x10 or higher you have 2 options if u need addded heat co2 burners help but will add A LOT of heat or u can have co2 tanks 8x8 space will make a 50lb tank last 20days at 1000ppm. I personaly use a tank there 300bucks to buy then 60bucks to fill. But they weigh like 150lbs full but u can also buy 20lb tanls but there like 200bucks. If you useing a burner or tank. MAKE SURE YOUR ROOM IS SEALED!!!!! Or you will loose over half your co2 from leaveing the room. Learned from exsperince. The exhale co2 bags are awesome products work great cost effective and zero maintnence.

Comment

The reason you meter went off the charts when u blew a cloud of ur breath on the meter is because we contain a lot of co2 in our breath. My ppm meter gos past 2000ppm when I breath on mine

Comment

All good stuff thank you. but let's ignore everything else for a second and say for the sake of argument i put a fog machine of some type in my room, and find that the CO2 levels go up. Regardless of how this happened, and regardless of safety concerns, CO2 accomplished right?

Comment

Yes thats true accomplished co2 is a gd thing, an average of 800ppm per 1000watts per 5x5 space is all the plants need and will use without increasing the light

Comment

As long as u get co2 its a gd thing, I just must advise all safty concerns and also ur relitive humidity with the fog machine. RH is very important to bud growth/ thricombe production

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X