Yellow Leaves During Budding Stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Leaves During Budding Stage?

My plant started budding about a month ago, and proceeds with vigor, but I am starting to see a lot of yellow leaves (see attachments).

I read somewhere here that yellowing of leaves is "normal" during budding, but I thought I'd better make sure.

The interesting thing is that this entire plant seems to be producing buds like a monster, including right up on the stems next to the main stalk, behind the leaves that are yellowing.

What's up with this? Am I OK or is first aid indicated?

Many thanks for any help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plant1004a.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	133665Click image for larger version

Name:	Plant1004a.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	133666Click image for larger version  Name:	Plant1004a.JPG Views:	1 Size:	512.5 KB ID:	133661

Attached Files
    Last edited by 600m; 10-05-2017, 12:41 PM.
    First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

Plant looks good. What kind of nutrients? Hard to tell in the pic if the yellowing is a problem to me. I would leave them (hehe) til they expend all their energy and look more dead than alive. I would also exfoliate some of the greener leaves up top and on the inside a bit to allow better air circulation. As your buds get fatter, you don't want them touching. The touching part could produce mold. Have fun harvesting.

​​
    Last edited by Canuck147; 10-05-2017, 01:33 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Looks to me like something's been eating some of those leaves to me . I would be worried about that more than a little yellowing in flower ,unless it gets bad. You gonna have yellowing that's normal. That's a pretty plant 600m what kind is she ?
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
        Looks to me like something's been eating some of those leaves to me . I would be worried about that more than a little yellowing in flower ,unless it gets bad. You gonna have yellowing that's normal. That's a pretty plant 600m what kind is she ?
        Oh, um...I should have mentioned that: It is the little trimmings-off due to a pretty aggressive leafminer infestation some weeks ago. I did notice the leaves I just bobbed the bug squiggles off of are more likely to be yellowing than the other old leaves, though. Those nicks are all my doing, as someone here suggested just nipping off the infestations rather than pulling the whole set of leaves. The spinosad stuff I got was barely effective. Maybe that had something to do with it only being 0.001% [!] spinosad. Some racket!

The plant is my sole surviving Aurora Indica Feminized after three were killed by the hellish, record heat and wind of the past few months -- sometimes110° to 115°. That even one made it through is a miracle. I worked myself half to death to save it.

I'm saving my last seed for an indoors experiment this winter. Far too hot to grow indoors here in the summer.
        First-time California outdoor medical backyard grower -- Aurora Indica Feminized plants in soil.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
          What kind of nutrients? ​​
          Just the soil it was planted in plus the fairly crude 15-15-15 fertilization of its vegetative stage, replaced by the recent blossoming fertilizer, which seems to be taking. The local ACE Hardware had just taken down all its "Organic/Hydroponics" stuff for the season, which included all the pot growing products you can imagine, when I went in to get something for the blossoming stage and all they had left in the right proportions was in the houseplant section -- for orchids, of all things! Seems to be doing very well. It is literally covered in buds and it's already getting gummy all over.

Comment

I just realized that after struggling with the kludgy attachment feature for about twenty minutes, I wound up with three (3) copies posted of the same photo.

Comment

Hang in there 600m , sounds like you been catching hell to me. You been doing a great job so far, and you got some nice bud coming before to long. Good Luck
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

OK, so...let's make sure I'm on the right page here:

* The yellowing of old leaves is normal and expected during the flowering stage

* These dead leaves should be removed to allow more sunlight to other buds.

Right?

Here's a picture from a few minutes ago. The yellowing leaf on the right (and ones like it) should go, correct? This is one of the smaller buds, and it's a LOT larger than it looks in the picture. I chose it for the near proximity to the yellowing leaf.

I'm guessing these buds have a few weeks to go, right? They're still growing like crazy, so I guess so.

Comment

I would leave them alone - for now - unless it is blocking any other bud below it. Cut them if you want or expend all their energy until they look dead and done. I only meant to cut the leaves that are blocking any bud sites.
                  Buds look good - take a closer pic on the trichomes - then we help you determine how much longer.
                  This is where one needs patience.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yeah your buds have a good ways to go still. And as for cutting off yellow and dead leaves I would also cut off all the big fan leaves if they are blocking bud sites if you can't tuck them under out of the way. Your doing a great job 600m you need help just holler. Later
                    Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

I went out and tried to look at the tricomes with one of these:

...and saw that they were all clear. These are pretty awkward to use, but I got it for under $2 and it works. I got one of those supposedly-500X electronic microscope/cameras for $9.99 (shipped) and it's a little easier to use:

...so I may be able to post some pictures eventually.

There's a long way to go yet as I'm growing these for high CBD.

Comment

• Canuck147
                        Canuck147 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Then you are wanting to wait for amber colored trics ......

I got a bunch of them things to and a couple microscopes, they fun to look at ain't they ?? Later
                      Cfls for a week or two
                      36x36x63 inch tent.
                      Smart pots
                      Molasses
                      Autoflowers

Comment

These plants look fine, if not perfect for flowering. Mine ALWAYS look like shiate later in flowering, simply because you're supposed to stop giving nutes about 2 weeks before harvest so they pull nutrients from the leaves. (This is why these nutrients are called "mobile", because they move within the plant. So...absolutely normal!)
                        PS. I also have this ebay microscope but it's pretty crappy. I am finding normal "jeweler loupes" MUCH better and easier to use than these tiny microscopes. You can also get jeweler's loupes with lights on ebay for a few bucks. Like these:
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/40X-Jeweller...cAAOSwSq9Zo8Lx

Attached Files

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                          D.A.A.S.69 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep those loupes are all you need. They work fine.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X