Hot soil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot soil?

I recently started clones in 1 gallon air pots in happy frog by fox farm. Im giving them just ph'd water due to how "hot" the soil is. My question is, when i switch them into their final homes be it a 3 or 5 gallon air pot, will i have to skip the first 30 days of nutrients because of the fresh soil in the bigger pots. And if i must give only water, how would this affect my yields versus being able to use something like tiger bloom from the start of flowering. These plants currently are on 24 hours of light under 3 23 watt cfls in a 2x2x4 tent. I plan to repot about a week before moving into my flowering closet.

if you are only using happy frog by fox farm you should def NOT skip the nutrients, skipping nutes in the seedling stage is ok with happy frog, but it is not as "hot" as something like kind soil or supersoil. Generally "hot" soil is only used in a thin layer on the bottom of the pot with regular potting soil on top of it. for example in a 5 gal pot you would put 2" of "hot soil" then something like happy frog on top of the hot soil to fill the pot the rest of the way up. Then you can give just PHd water with no nutrients. but if you are only using FF happy frog make sure you continue giving nutes in the water as soon as you switch to the larger pot. I would even start giving super reduced levels of nutes now if you are not already doing it. Good luck and Happy Growing. !!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X