Hydro Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro Tank

I have been purchasing the items Nebula recommends for a Hydro System and I was wondering if the color of the water tank makes a difference. Should it be dark or clear.Might seem like a dumb question but I would like to know.

Dark as u can get it black is best u don't want light in your res
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Double ditto on that! As dark and opaque as possible. Someone said on an earlier post, to take the container outside, expose it to the sun light, place your hand (or other object) on the inside, and if You can see the 'shadow' then it is not dark enough.

Never a dumb question when it comes to growing my friend.

As abadtrip mentioned above, you want it as dark as you can get it. Buy it dark, paint it dark, or cover it with some black/white poly material if you have to. That's what I do sometimes. I usually buy them dark. Then I measure and cut out custom sheets and cover my reservoir/bucket with those black/white poly sheets. Make sure the white side is facing out. This keeps the inside portion dark and cool while the white side helps block out some heat. Any light that enters your reservoir will eventually create all kinds of algae, bacteria, molds and all that smelly stuff. So you want to try to keep the inside of your res as dark as possible. Roots LOVE darkness. So we must appease to the mighty root. Oh, btw, make sure your reservoir temps stay below 70 degrees F. as well.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I use the gray $4 sterilite 10 gallon totes from Walmart. Theyre light proof.

bow ifnyour talking the color of the water with nutrients in it...it is dark...when I change the water it is less dark as the nutes have been consumed.
      Current Grow: seeds in July 3rd, 2017

7'x6'x8' custom built room w/ exhaust and carbon filter
      3 (1 not in use yet) 600w IPower dimmable MH/HPS

Top Fed DWC Bubbleponics
      GH Trio, Hydroguard, and GH Ph kit.
      Strains: all Seedsman, all Feminized, all Fast.
      2 Cinderella 99 x Blueberry
      1 Power Africa x MK Ultra
      2 Big Nugs
      Training: Nebula's modified manifold technique w/ LST as needed.

Comment

Yea but clear works as long as you can black it out lol some black spraypaint then wrap the tote with bubble insulation for even better light blockage. And it keeps your res temps down a bit as long as you have a cool room but imma grow my autos in a 3 gallon res and grow my photos in this 5 gallon water jug
        DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
        250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
        current grow: feminized blue wizard
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I got everything else and just wanted to make sure on this point. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X