Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using the BlueLab Guardian monitor for daily pH monitoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone using the BlueLab Guardian monitor for daily pH monitoring?

I really want to buy a BlueLab Guardian monitor for my next reservoir but I have read a number of reviews that say the pH probes don't last very long and wanted to see if any of you have used them or are using them or know people who use them before I fork out that much money. My biggest question is will it work for daily pH monitoring if I leave the probes in the reservoir 24/7? Most pH probes aren't meant to be left in a solution other than the storage solution so I imagine these would be the same thing, but they appear to be designed for just that. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas or input?

This is the monitor I am referring to since I know they make a few different ones:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guardian-Monitor.2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	132303
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

I've had my eye on that one also.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I followed the link and read the details and I believe it does sort of state that you can leave the two probes inside the reservoir. However, if you've read that their probes don't last very long, you can try checking out this combo monitor here by Hanna Instruments. Basically does the same thing, it's reliable and it's at half the cost of the one from bluelab. I have my eye on their pocket combo meter here though.
      Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
      White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are nice also

• Cannabliss
        Cannabliss commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem my friend.

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        One thing I noticed on one review I found was that these may not work with digital ballasts due to interference. I will have to check more on that but even that review said some ballasts don't interfere.

Have you seen the dosage controllers?

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, they're nice, but a pit too production oriented rather than hobby oriented for myself. At least for now, lol.

• ellz
        ellz commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a post on that as well but no one commented on it.

• Sonnyhad
        Sonnyhad commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to hear anyone's opinion about these ph controllers!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X