Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plants stop growing in vegetative stage

hi there,

Thanks for all advice from my question last week. I did check my plants and they are still in problem. They are short, stop growing, develop many stems in vegetative stage when I expect they grow taller and healthier.

I'll chime in here and ask how far your lights are? Might be too close and the plant doesn't have to reach for it?
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Also, what's the temperature and humidity in there? What are your watering practices? Overall it looks good!

Comment

Hi,

Now I am using HPL 1000 Watt and the distance is 20 inches. I am not sure about whats happened but the plant keeps "bonsai" and like " explode" many stems.

Comment

1000w light is a little to much for seedlings. At 20" you probably slowly simmering them. If that is the only light you have then raise the light about 3 feet over the plants. The girls actually don't look too bad. They just need to stretch some.

Comment

This is my 3rd grows. The first 2 grows, they were nice. But I dont know why this time, my girls look ... Strange. I am trying to firgure out what I should do!! Thanks for your advice!

Comment

man I hate to say this bit I think you got bugs man.....probly thrips...or the borg as king puts it....I would do some serious inspecting.....

shiny leaves curled over I see something all over the plant in one of the pictures....time for some research on your part now...refer to the site.....

I could be way off....hope so

Comment

Did you by any change start the bloom cycle (change the lights to 12/12) and then put it back to veg 20/4. It does seem to have an odd growth pattern.

Comment

They are now into the flowering state about 1 week. However, my girls still maintain that size since the vegetative. Short , drop down leaves, and have alot new stems on top

Comment

Sorry, I got nothing. Check for spider mites or thrips like green suggested. Maybe do a little defoliation. If it not bugs, it be a pH problem of deficiency of some sort.

You have a couple of successful grows under your belt so hoping you can figure it out.

Comment

Just some questions to try to help try to figure it out.

Can you show us a picture of the plant on the setup under the light? What's the temperature and humidity in there?

What soil/nutrients are you using and what's your watering practice? They look a little droopy / overwatered, which could definitely cause the stunting. In my opinion they're not going to grow correctly until you can correct the droopiness. Is there anything different compared to your last grow? Some plants are just very sensitive to overwatering and may need better drainage or more time in between waterings.

If you want my honest opinion, since you flipped only a week ago I would put these plants back into the vegetative stage and get them healthy and taller before flowering. They're very short to be under a 1000W and I really think their size and illness will prevent you from getting a good yield even though you'll be using a lot of electricity for the 2-3 months of flowering. I'm not sure how much height you have in your space, but to get the best yields you want the plants to be about half the final size before you switch to 12/12. I'd guess that since you have a 1000W you probably have more room for bigger plants with bigger yields.

I know that could be a tough decision since your plants are already making buds and it may take a week or two to get them fully back into the vegetative stage. They would have to "re-veg" which causes odd growth for a little while.

In the end, that's just my opinion. You've got 2 grows under your belt so you're going to have a lot better of any idea of what works in your setup than anyone else

Comment

Hi

I will take picture later. The light distance is 21 inches. The temp:75. The humidity : 85. My system now is using Coco. I added more nutrient. The Brand I used is Advanced. Yea all my girls' leaves drop down.

i am worry about if I put back "re-veg", my girls will become hermie.

thanks

Comment

I think it's the humidity being at 85%. You want it closer to about 45-50%. When the humidity is that high your plants can't drink anymore. The way they drink is they evaporate water out of their leaves, and that sucks up water from the roots like a straw. If they're not evaporating out of their leaves due to high humidity, they're not drinking, and that means they're not really getting nutrients either. Based on what you've said, I think that's the first thing to try to fix!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X