Should I transplant from outdoors to indoors - bad weather ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I transplant from outdoors to indoors - bad weather ahead

Hi again! First grow. I can see the finish line and from the 3 seeds I had at the beginning I still have 3 healthy plants that are probably about 3 weeks away at the most from being ready to harvest. They are Autos Northern lights.

The problem is it's been raining for 3 days straight and the forecast is predicting rain for as many days ahead as the app lets me look. Heavy cloud cover, It's a low of 52 Fahrenheit and high of 60. Plants are in the forest and no way of cover. I started them off indoors and have the set up to put them back in a grow room to finish them off but that would mean digging them out of the ground and putting them in pots again etc.

so what do you guys think I should do? I'm thinking that there is a very high chance my girls will get bud rot if I leave them out in these conditions but then I don't know what effect a transplant would have at this stage?

please help need advice, so close to a successful grow and stressing out. I hate the thought of having to watch my Tv series's this winter without any bud 😅

If there is no way to cover them, I would say move them inside. I lost a crop due to flooding in one night. All I had from four outdoor plants (massive 6-foot in all directions plants) was a single branch because it rained really hard one night! I wouldn't take any chances with heavy rains.

That being said, you could try to put up a simply tent cover using some thin PVC pipe and some clear plastic drop cloth. You just create an x-shape with the PVC, arc it on all four sides over the plant and put the clear plastic over the top held down with zip-ties or staples or screws or something.

Just my advice on it. Best luck with them!
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

I agree: ideally you can move them inside. The weather conditions you describe are too cold, wet and humid. The good thing is, if they're autos, they are smaller and you should be able to get the root systems out without too much damage. Poor babies: get them to a warm, dry place!!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

That weather is not going to hurt your plants at all . Hasn't the rain been draining ok so for ? That's one reason on my outdoor grows I grow in buried 5 gallon buckets so I can move them in case of helicopters or weather. They are to old to be digging up especially for autos. If it's really, really bad I would put up some kind of umbrella or something like that. That temperature ain't to cold at all. It's even good for flowering. You will be fine.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• TheBear
          TheBear commented
          Editing a comment
          I just set up the grow room again and have cords and shit everywhere and just as I was about to leave to get the girls, I thought I'd check in and see if there were anymore comments and read yours haha! So now I'm not going to go get them and just hope for the best. Obviously I'd prefer not to dig them up. I've just been freaking out lately as I've read all this stuff about bud rot and the weather says 94% humidity. One thing I have in my favour is they are planted on a slope so the drainage is really good and they haven't been effected by rain in the past as you pointed out. You don't think I should be worried about bud rot? I guess not enough to move them this late on the game?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X