First timer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First timer!!!

hello everyone! As the subject shows this is my first grow. Not the best, but I have learned more since putting my babies in the soil. I just want advice and to see what you think, and if I'm on the right track. And I know, not the bear lollipopping, I had no idea what I was doing! I'm 41 days into flowering using a 300w led light. 12/12 schedule, closet grow space, and cheap soil (I know ☹️) and I'm flushing them the past two weeks or so... just lemme know what y'all think please!!! Thanks
    Last edited by nooneknows2090; 09-05-2017, 09:00 PM.

Strain
    Photo or Auto

It looks to me like you've still got a good 4 weeks or so of flower to go, much to early to be doing a final flush.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

The tips of my leaves were turning yellow and from doing research it was obvious it was nitrogen toxicity and I though I should start flushing... I'm not sure of the strain... i know it's indica. I got the seeds from a hermie... started with 6 ended with 2. The pics are of my baby, the other one got infected with spider mites and it seems it didn't like the neem oil too much, i didn't post pics of that one. Any advice is welcome

Comment

• GanjaGed
        GanjaGed commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm new myself so take that into consideration. Besides someone more knowledgeable will be along I'm sure

But here is what I see just off your post and pics.

That's a straight up sativa, or at least sativa dominate.

Your plants look like they had some nute burn, different from nitrogen toxicity, the new growth looks good. Stop flushing let it dry out and start giving it nutes again though at a lower dose.

Check your PH in and out if you have the test stuff. you shouldn't have a problem getting it back together for the home stretch.

I still think it looks like a good 4+ weeks to go

Hello and welcome 2090,
      you are on the right track and should be proud of you first grow. The best advice I can give you is: you learn alot from your first and it becomes even better after that.

I would suggest 1). The pictures are hard to tell in that light the age of the buds how long have they been in flowing? they look like there's still a lot of white hairs and they are still standing up meaning a little more time.
      good luck.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks for the advice! And I'm a firm believer of trial and error! I should of kept better track of 'time' but they started out outside. Then when I spotted white hairs I bought lights and started 12/12. Here are better pics!

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank for the clear pictures in natural light it really helps to identify the colors of the plant were led and hps light will hide them in pictures. It is good practice to inspect your plant's in natural light.

I would agree with ganja on time and pushing forward this grow keep it up, it will be worthwhile.

May I also suggest that next grow use a larger pots for your final pot. I like a 5 gal. Small pots can lead to a lot of root problems with a larger plant.
          Looking taste.

Thank you both Furley and ganja! Thank you both for the advice and I will be posting updates in a couple of weeks!

Comment

Hey 2090 that's some good advice from Ganj and Mr Furley .You have done a good job so far ,nice first grow. Pretty plant still needs a month or more yet. Keep up the good work.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Alright guys I'm back!! Trying to get some advice! I can't really tell if the trichromes are ready or not!! Sorry the pics but it's the best I could get! I'm 74 days into flowering. HELP ME!!!!

Comment

Get a cheep jewelersloop off eBay and take a look that should tell u weather or not it's ready! Lol

Comment

Morning 2090 , I can't see the trichs well enough to tell you by looking at your pictures. Your mighty close though , you still got some white pistils an a plenty of red brown ones that are turning back in . Only you know how you like it, going fast or going slow. I hope you got at least a jewellers loupe to check for amber cause I can't see from where I'm at. You did a fine job though , growing some pretty bud. Good Luck .
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

I do have a magnifying glass but it's not too powerful. I guess the jewlers loop may be my best bet! Thanks guys, be back in a couple days with better pics

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That magnifying glass will work just fine. Clear ,cloudy, amber,Brown real easy to tell the difference. And again good job especially first grow.

Thanks 69. Did just order a jewelers loupe about 15 mins ago lol, will be here in a couple days. I just can't tell the difference with the maginfying glass. Just want to get it right!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good deal ,it's alot more fun when you can really see em good. You ain't to far off , she's getting real close just looking at her.

Good job 2090, you are close
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• nooneknows2090
                    nooneknows2090 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks furley! Will have better pics in a couple days! Thanks for all the advice in the beginning

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X