Bud's are light and airy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud's are light and airy???

Just jarred my first grow..3.5 ounces from 2 NL autos. The buds have a lot of trichomes and smell decent, but they're really airy. I know we're going by weight and not volume so an ounce is an ounce, but did I do something wrong along the way? I didn't start nutes until about week 7 which may have lead to deficiencies. They were in FF Happy frog in 3 gallon smart pots under LED's 18/6 their entire cycle and then had Botanicare Bloom through harest. They dried for 7 days and we're jarred today.

To be honest most grows are airy buds unless u have high pk in flower and also pgrs make buds tighter most people dnt even know there useing pgrs as some nutrient companys put it in there bloom boosters. Comercial growers use pgrs as well. Another thing is light u want 60-100watts per sqf. Light spectrum also tightens buds red light hps makes tighter bud than blue light mh cfl ect. Also humidity lower rh makes tighter buds. Some people say temp as well lower temp denser buds but that hasnt changed for me.

Comment

If you use to despecerary bud that supper dense those are how they make them denser

Comment

If u look at hightimes mag of the 70's or exsperensed it yourself bud was a lot more airy but still did the trick

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember those days.

Pgr's make a huge difference in tightness but it drops the quality of the smell and taste. Depending on your state they can be baned for use on crops. Do reserch on pgrs before u deside to use them.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          They are banned for consumption crops in most states for good reason, as most chemical and synthetic pgr's are classified as pesticides. Their use by commercial growers, particularly those that supply medical dispensaries is appalling. In my opinion using these products for personal use and hobby grows is an unnecessary health risk. The very reason I began growing was to avoid the harmful additives that cash crop growers use.

My northern lights are the same this grow I used cal-mag during flowering and tiger bloom with my bloom fert. Will let you know still have a few more weeks to go

Comment

Never heard of pgr's to be honest..just the usual npk and veg/flower nutes. I'll definitely hit the veg nuts earlier next grow, around week 4 and will stick to higher bloom nuts instead of cutting back like I did on this grow. I was worried about over watering and nuts burn since this was my first grow, but experience is a good teacher. I was just worried that I did something wrong at some point..again, thanks guys..love all the input!

Comment

tyler_ hobbyist is right on about this. If you dont use special plant growth yummies (not for me), its tough to reproduce the dense buds most folks favor. However, density only matters to the eye, not the head.
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
            tyler_ hobbyist commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree completly! Also pgrs also decrease your quality as well smell/flavor, there has been people who say pgrs make stronger/potenant buds but I honestly just think its the chem they smoke thats in the bud.

• Canyon Grower
            Canyon Grower commented
            Editing a comment
            Yuck! And who needs more chemicals?!?!?

How much light did you have for two plants?

Comment

They each had a Mars hydro 300 on them...2 plants, 2 lights, in a 2x4 tent.

Comment

I started with a Mars Hydro 600 had two of them they worked okay took them to the local Hydro shop sold them for 100 pucks each and bought 2 3:15 CMH , and man has it changed my world also changed from General Hydroponics to cyco nutrients. Combination of the lights and the new nutrients did the trick for me.

Comment

• Vapo69
                Vapo69 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got a couple of cyco freebies from a rep.....do you have a journal with them used Sammy pls?

• Sammy
                Sammy commented
                Editing a comment
                What is it that you need?

A little more light would have probably helped. You probably needed about one more of those lights in that space that would have put you close to 50 watts a square foot. You can get good results with cheap leds you just have to have enough. This was grown under 300 watt Galaxy hydro lights.
              Last edited by Burny; 09-05-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Did u have high temps and humidity during your flowering cycle?

Comment

St.buds temp may have been a little too high..not sure about humidity to be honest..tried to keep them and humidity higher during seedling and veg and lower during flower, but I think they may have been too high

Comment

You should get yourself a hygrometer they r 10 bucks at Walmart or Lowe's and I'm sure home depot tht will give u the highs and lows everyday of temperature and humidity so tht would bring me to my next question witch would be do u have good air exchange in your grow space oscillating fan and exhaust fan pushing out hot air and pulling in fresh ( hopefully cooler) air? Did this plant have sativa traits? After re reading the post I would also say u did start with nutes a little late cuz tht soil isn't as hott as ff ocean forest and I think most ppl start adding nutes threw water after 4 weeks in ocean forest but all in all if I were u I would be happy tht your first grow was as good as it is my first grow In high school was CRAP and yielded almost nothing lol

Comment

• St.buds
                      St.buds commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've actually had alot of crapy grows in my life lol but all tht has changed the last few years

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X