Yellow leaves all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow leaves all of a sudden

The plant was fine until about a week ago. Outdoor grow using Fox Farms soil and FF trio nutrients. Water 2 gallons every other day, 30 gal smart pot. Can't see any bugs. The light specks in the photo are ash from forest fires.

Hello Donna, pretty plant, You been checking your ph in an out ? Water when the soil gets dry not on schedule. Them some big pots, what kind of plant is it.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Donna
      Donna commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my first plant. It was given to me, so I don't know what it is. I haven't been checking the pH all along. Why would it be different now?

If yellowing is occurring on lower leaves or leaves inside the bush, I wouldnt worry. Plants at this stage start to discard old leaves and put energy into buds. Very nice looking lady Donna, should be a nice harvest ahead!
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not only on the bottom.

• Canyon Grower
      Canyon Grower commented
      Editing a comment
      True enough, but I observe most lower in the plant until about harvest when yellowing can occur anywhere.

My northern light do this are they starting to bud, get some cal-mag should clear up in no time good luck

Comment

• Donna
      Donna commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been a little lax on the feeding as I was out of town for a couple weeks. Do you think it will recover by my regularly using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom?

It appears that you have a potassium deficiency. Could be a lack of K in your soil, or there is some reason (like perhaps PH) that your plant can't take up the K that is there.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Donna
      Donna commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been a little lax on the feeding as I was out of town for a couple weeks. Do you think it will recover by my regularly using Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom?

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      Any name brand nutrient line will correct the problem. The leaves that are now yellowing will not recover at all. They will wilt and eventually fall off or be taken off, but no big deal on that.
      Resist the temptation to overfeed on K to try and 'catch up'

Your water PH is very important if you want to stop deficiencys. You have got to keep the PH between 6.0 -7.0 . Try for 6.5ph . Your plant can't use the nutrients if the PH isn't right. Water when dry not every 2 days. Good Luck
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X