supersoil newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supersoil newbie

Made my first batch of supersoil. Subcool recipe with a few differences. What my closest hydroshop dude suggested. So 10 days old in a kiddie pool in my garage covered with plastic. Opened it yesterday and smells like ammonia. Read to air out and restack. Help.

That's all I know to do , it ain't good until it sits about a month.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

The ammonia is a byproduct of decomposition. It is why most super soils need to be "fermented" before use. Continue to uncover every few days until it dissipates.
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Thanks Bros was hoping I hadn't fouled it up. Excited about my dirt. Wish one of u Ole organic gs would start a thread bout tea's and all organic business. Appreciate all the help

Comment

Those teas work great too., my last plant grew really well after getting worm compost tea. Real easy to make. I use KindSoil.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Up till recently I have used my own super soil, but am trying Kindsoil underneath it for my next grow. We organic growers are fewer in number than the DWC crowd. However you can often tell who we are by our posts! Good luck with your soil.
            Organic only soil grower
            Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
            Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

• redbeard
              redbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks my friend. Had considered kind as well. Used ffof my first round and roots and nutes this last time. Watering to runoff and all the nute mixing is just alot. Probably sounds lazy. Plus my first two rounds were clones off the same plant and my first round in the ffof tasted considerably better . Thanks .

• Aloner
              Aloner commented
              Editing a comment
              I am on my first grow and I opted for Kind Soil because I am lazy. Also figuring out nutes while also trying to figure out every other aspect of growing seemed a bit daunting. I feel more up to speed and curious to try DWC now but decided to stick with Kind Soil for the time being. It's been that great! Cost vs time saved is a no-brainer to me.

I use KindSoil and wouldn't call it lazy at all , I've tried pretty much it all and I would say its the best and easiest I've ever used period. Good Luck Red.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X