Who has bought with bitcoins and willing to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has bought with bitcoins and willing to help

Who has bought with bitcoins and willing to help me understand these exchanges and how they work i would like to buy from seedsmen but apparently bitcoin is my only option of paying and i dont really understand these exchanges
    DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
    250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
    current grow: feminized blue wizard
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Funny how you brought this up just now. A while ago (no kidding either) I was about to place an order with Seedsman, but (sadly) they weren't accepting my form of payment, so I canceled altogether. They don't accept PayPal either. I'm sure this Bitcoin thingy works for many, but I just can't get myself to get into another form of payment. I'll just order some beans from another place I know or ask a friend I know who has bitcoin to get them for me lol.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What DAAS says. I always get them in their original package.

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Cannabliss the points can be redeemed for free seeds

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that tip Daskahn. I thought they were just for merchandise.

Hey Graff420! I just placed my very first order with Seedsman using bitcoin (also the first time for me doing that) and it is pretty easy even though it seems incredibly complicated. Basically, you want to first create a CoinBase.com account (or some other online coin site...this is the one I used) and link a credit card or bank account to it. I would recommend a credit card if you want to buy them right away. A bank account takes several days to verify where as the credit card was instant for me. They will send two test transfers to the card that you have to confirm before you can buy coins. PLEASE NOTE: You will have a weekly card limit of $200 you can spend on bitcoins so you will want to order less than that amount through seedsman.

Once that is set up, go on to Seedsman.com and build your cart. Once you are ready to checkout, fill everything out and when you get to payment, choose pay by bitcoin. The order will be submitted and you will receive a special payment link that you will use to pay the amount requested with the link. You will have a set amount of time to pay or the order will be cancelled...I think it's 6 hours. OH...SIDE NOTE: If this is your very first order with seedsman be sure to setup an account with them before you order! You get points towards freebies with each order!! Also, if this is your first order, you may be able to use the discount code: FIRSTORDER10 and get 10% off before your bitcoin discount!

The bitcoin amount is whatever your purchase price is in bitcoin at the time of the order. Try to remember that bitcoin prices change often so you want to go buy your bitcoins right after making that purchase to get as close as you can to the exchange rate used. You can monitor the prices on CoinBase.com and it has a place on the buy page that will show you a live exchange rate if you enter a USD amount.

Once you have your payment link and amount of bitcoins to send (it will always be a fraction as whole bitcoins are worth almost $5k right now) you will want to buy your coins and send payment. At the bottom of the page with the link and bitcoin amount it will tell you for fastest processing, add at least 0.001 bitcoin to your payment (I HIGHLY SUGGEST DOING THAT BECAUSE YOUR ORDER HAS TO BE CONFIRMED ON THE BTC NETWORK AND THIS WILL MAKE IT VERY FAST!). ALSO...AND VERY IMPORTANT....THERE IS A SERVICE FEE TO USE BITCOIN! BE SURE TO ADD AT LEAST $5 USD ($10 TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE AND INCLUDE THE EXTRA 0.001 FOR BTC APPROVAL-this number may change based on exchange rate) WHEN BUYING THE COINS! In other words, if your total at Seedsmans is say $75 and you convert that to bitcoin, you want to actually buy up to $85 worth of bitcoins to be sure you have enough to cover any fees and speed up your processing through the BTC network!

Basically...seedsman will say something like "Send exactly 0.0018527 bitcoins to (payment address)" so you will go on CoinBase and take that amount, add the 0.001 (or whatever they put) for BTC processing and add that BTC processing amount again to cover any bitcoin fee and you will be good!

I had to make two separate order because I didn't do this.

Here is a screenshot of me buying a sample amount of $75 worth of bitcoin. You will notice after the fees the amount I will have to spend with seedsman is only $72.01 indicated at the red arrow below. That means you want to buy around $78-$79 worth of bitcoin to end up with a spendable amount of $75.00!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bitcoin buy screenshot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	296.7 KB ID:	130011

Here is a screenshot of where you go to to send the money...You click on Accounts at the top of your CoinBase.com account, and you will see your bitcoin wallet as follows:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	bitcoin send screenshot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.1 KB ID:	130012
    The red arrow is pointing to the send button you use to send your payment.

I know this seems like a lot to go through, and it probably is, but the benefits of bitcoin are the extra seeds, the discounted price and the fact that your seeds WILL BE SHIPPED! When you buy with a credit card, you risk the order being denied from your card company. This can't happen with bitcoin.

Best of luck and let me know if you need any other help!
    Last edited by ellz; 09-01-2017, 09:20 PM.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell i dont have a credit card thats my problem and seedsmen will only accept mastercard from where im at i was gonna buy the bitcoins but the only things i can find on the localbitcoins site is cash depoists and i just dont like that but imma check out that coin base and see how that works see if its any easier to work with

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also can i use my debit card to add USD to the coin base and then use the USD wallet to buy bitcoins?

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      If you don't have a credit card, you can also link a bank account. It just takes longer.

I send cash ,works like a charm. Oh yeah,must add about half a buck for a stamp.

Comment

• Daskahn
      Daskahn commented
      Editing a comment
      Seedsman offers free seeds for just using bitcoin

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      Correct @Daskahn....You can get a 10% discount by paying with cash or by cheque (same goes with bitcoin) but you will get 27 free seeds ONLY with bitcoin:

Pay By Cheque/Postal Order Save 10%
      Customers in the United States, Australia and Canada can pay by Cheque/Postal Order.
      - The address to send Cheques/Money Order to will be provided with your email confirmation once you have created your order. An order MUST be created to reserve the stock. Payment must be received in full before any goods are shipped.
      - Cheques must be sent within 24 hours of placing order.

Pay by Cash Save 10%
      Anyone can pay by Cash.
      - We accept GBP £, EUR € and USD $ (notes only). Notes (bills) should be well concealed, double-enveloped and sent by registered mail to minimise the risk of theft. -
      - We cannot be held responsible for cash that does not arrive.
      - The address to send cash to will be provided with your email confirmation once you have created your order. An order MUST be created to reserve the stock.

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear there is someone who has used cash with the site! I was curious if anyone had because I considered doing that as well. Thanks for sharing that PRIMO!

That's a lot of good info

Comment

• ellz
      ellz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

ellz great write up lots of good info thats what I did and if I can figure it out then anyone can lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I bet I can't OJH, I didn't make it to class that day, I wish now I would have. Can you get bitcoins and coinbase from your phone or do you need a home computer ?? Thanks. Ps. Hey OJH have you grown gorilla glue before ?? If not your gonna love it. Stickiest, and Gummy plant yet or at least close to it.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 09-02-2017, 06:35 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I really hate my life nothing seems to really ever go right i thinks its easier to just hope that ill fail so god will be like oh fucc he wants to lose so imma make him win coinbase wont accept my visa debit card they let it go through i go to buy bitcoins and it says the transactions went through and my bitcoins will be avalible instantly but then i get and emal instantly saying my order for .0281 bitcoins has been canceled they dont tell me why just that oh well it happened

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Well Graff, for one thing, you aren't failing. For another, I don't think that's any contemporary god's logic--maybe for the greek and roman gods, but not today. They're a lot more mature and understanding of humans now.

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just mean nothing is going my way like nothing at all today so just in my fuck it mode now

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry you're having a bad day, Graff.

For you Graff

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao ok that make me laugh

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Then I have had a successful day

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

Ok so said fu** it and bought from sensible seeds again lmao seems to be easiest way for a debit card to work i got coinbase up and running then my bank said their system wont allow it to go through because its a scam site because all the fluctuation so i had to explain what bitcion is and that it is always fluctuating but still they wouldnt unlock it only thing i couldnt get is a the C99 seeds that makes me sad but oh well ill get a prepaid credit card so i can just use that on the coinbase to buy bitcoins and then ill get my seeds from everywhere that way

Comment

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          When I first tried to buy the bitcoins with my credit card it rejected it. I had to confirm the purchase and re-try. The second time worked like a charm. If you aren't necessarily worried about the free seeds with bitcoin, you could just send them cash. Apparently others on here have done it with lots of success. I am very leery about sending cash money via mail but like I said, others have done it with no issue. I wish you the best of luck with it regardless of how you do it and if you need any other help with it let me know and I will do what I can.

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Iight thanks yea i just said screw it and ordered from sensibleseeds thats where i got my blue wizard from and only take 10 mins to get the amazon gift card from the uk to pay them with lol so screw it imma work with buying bitcoins and storeing them for my next seed purchase witch will deffinatly have my c99 and yea i kept getting all the way through coin base to the part where id buy bitcoins itd tell me they would be available instantly but instead they would instantly send me an email saying they had to cancel the transaction do to some type of error

Just to add my 2 cents. I used Coinbase to order from Seedsman back in July. I got the order just fine but about 2 weeks after delivery, I got a message from Coinbase that my account had been closed due to "transactions in violation of terms of service". So be cautious of purchasing more bitcoins than your current transaction. I have an extra $30.00 in the account I will likely not recover.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It just sounds too complicated for me, a baby boomer.... Fuck it. I'll stick with plastic.

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Provide pictures of yourself, your Id, and your credit card, fluctuating value, and now apparently closed accounts for unauthorized purchases, it doesn't come across as this entirely anonymous, buy anything, invisible but safe currency, lol, I like my CC too

I was told not to have very many in your wallet, idk.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          That's because ATM it's more like a fictional stock then a currency.. completely dependent on the demand.. so if you have spent say 100$ real money a few days ago it's now worth only 89$ish real money.. cause apperently the demand has gone down over the weekend instead of up.. like it normally does.. (I'm trying to play the currency game buy low sell high but it's not going like it normally does lol

China’s central bank said initial coin offerings are illegal and asked all related fundraising activity to be halted immediately, issuing the strongest regulatory challenge so far to the burgeoning market for digital token sales.
        The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that explains that...

• Daskahn
          Daskahn commented
          Editing a comment
          On another note if you believe it will bounce back now would be a good time to invest lol

Ganj ,You reckon that will be the end of Bitcoin??
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt it.

It will slow down or stop any chance at being a legitimate currency, but it's very nature is to by pass governments.

Yea i just went with sensible seeds lmao it was the one i knew how to work with

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X