No announcement yet.

CMH 630 watt double ended. $175?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang for the buck I don't see how you can beat this, State's three year warranty. They seemed extremely helpful but I haven't had any problems , hopefully there won't be any.

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Super great deal, it was inevitable that the price goes down hopefully the quality is there.

Local hydro shops got a similar unit for 650.00$$ his unit is not remote control and does not have an LED display, not dimmable either. Unit looks quality built, the hood could use a little TLC just made cheaply, don't take this wrong but they probably paid a little Chinese girl $0.13 to make this thing. That's how they can afford to sell it so cheaply just my two cents ☮️

Comment

LuckyAcres this is the thread dude......Woooohooooo haha!!
      The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
        LuckyAcres commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man!!

Sammy, how is the 630W DE CMH working for you? What is the heat output like?

Thanks,

GDR

Comment

Best light I have ever had. Less heat than my air cooled 400 hps .Will definitely buy another one soon.,☮️.

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
          GreenDragonRon commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome, I'm ordering one soon.

Did you get the 3300k bulb? If so, are you happy with it or would you choose a different one?

3300k rocks , I did purchase an extension cable and remotely mounted the ballast. Put the 630 on a light mover, more than doubled my growing space vs my old 400 HPS. Not to mention won't have to replace the bulb for 4 to 5 years wow 💣

Comment

Comment

Wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas last night. Lol
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            If you need I can tell her for you

hows this thing doing? is it too hot/big for a 3x3 tent? how bout a 4x4?
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Way too much for a 3 by 3 tent, four by four questionable I would probably look into some sort of air-cooled Hood however there's only a couple of them out there that actually cool the hood and don't blow across the bulb do your research if you're planning on an air-cooled Hood in order to get to the proper light wave frequencies, WTF they want the bulb temperature to remain hot and constant on the ceramic metal halides.

Comment

• Cronk
              Cronk commented
              Editing a comment
              cool, thanks. I see they have and external ballast option. I have a single internal ballast 315 LEC in my 3x3 and am able to keep it under 80F with a 4" inline exhaust but not sure about warmer months, maybe with a 6" r 8" or like you say, cooled hood. It's worth doing the research if I step my tent size up a bit. Great to know about this product I'll watch how it goes for you.

Got mine ordered, might as well leave my girls in veg and wait for the CMH for the flip.

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
              GreenDragonRon commented
              Editing a comment
              Sammy, my unit should arrive Monday and I'll be flipping my girls as soon as I get it, what height do you run yours during flower?

Start out about 3 ft if you have that much clearance, I'm at about 24 in right now probably going to pick it up a little bit, maybe an inch or two still playing around with it. Trichome production looks to be out of this world good luck take some pictures love to see them. ☮️

Comment

• GreenDragonRon
              GreenDragonRon commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. My plants are only 7 - 10" above the coco level, they all have been manifolded and spread out very low. I am really looking forward to sharing more pics as they won't be under my blurple LED soon .

Researched and got a quote for 630 W 3 pieces Shipped $740
            Haven't pulled the trigger yet
            Just Saw This 240V only as of now CHECK IT OUT
            FYI no affiliation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygmi54I8VhU
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
            The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• Sammy
              Sammy commented
              Editing a comment
              Look up earlier in this thread for a email address its I believe it's Lynette@EBM-lighting.com. I got mine for $300 shipped.

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              The manufacturer is saying a 5x5 footprint but recommends 10 foot ceilings
              Definitely for a grow room.
              It would be too much for my grow room even.
              2 630W DE CMH fixtures will yield more than one 1000W DE CMH Fixture

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              2. 630s has got to be better a 1000.

One 630 should run side-by-side with any thousand watt just my opinion ☮️, however it is a double-ended bulb which does increase the light output significantly.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't see how 1 630 chm can do as good as 1 1000 chm .
              That would be like a 600hps would do as good as a 1000hps. That not hardly gonna happen, but that's my opinion.

Originally posted by Sammy View Post
            One 630 should run side-by-side with any thousand watt just my opinion ☮️, however it is a double-ended bulb which does increase the light output significantly.
            The DE CMH 630's I got a quote for 3 units @ $ 742 shipped are of course double ended also.
            My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
            The universities do not teach all things

Comment

• Cronk
              Cronk commented
              Editing a comment
              this looks exactly like the $300 EBM one from above.

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              It is the same, EBM is the OEM for many companies. I have been thinking (day dreaming). I build guitar amplifiers and guitars as a hobby/passion, often I will upgrade the equipment with higher quality capacitors, resistors, tubes, switches pickups, transformers. I wonder which components fail most often and what could be done to upgrade Ballast circuitry and create a high reliability low frequency, low ambient temperature, boutique ballast.

• Cronk
              Cronk commented
              Editing a comment
              you could do grow light mods....ha.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X