light questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light questions

HI my awesome growing friends i am back well i didn't go any where just staying high real high on my second grow now.

so i have an question about light sources.

1 auto flower in a tent with my 2 photos she was not supposed to be in there the plan was to get a new set up and grow her by herself. i popped them at the same time i am growing it for my best friends wedding it just happened to be in mas. well life happened and i had to spend that money for my light and tent on medical expenses.
    i am going to get a 450 vipersprectram led and a 2x4x5 tent to grow my 1 auto in about a month i know its only 200 bucks but dam its hard to find that right now.
    my question is will my plant suffer from being under a 315cmh and moving it to a 450 led does the plant care will it notice. will i kill it. oh yea dwc in 3.5gal right now will go to 5 gal when she get thirty.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

I have no exp with led or cmh, but I can't imagine you would do any damage. Just watch the distance from light to plant according to what the particular light recommends.

Comment

If money is tight just go buy some mylar or white polly and build ur own tent (way cheaper) cost me $100 for a 7x9x7 self built tent with wood and mylar. Also no the plant wount care when thbe light changes the plant will just grow different because of the different specrum. Leds make plants grow shorter and bushyier. Its kinda like switching from metal halide to hps but opposite effect. She will be just fine lol

Comment

• abadtrip
        abadtrip commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I'll stop stressing I was worried she would stress over the light spectrum

No shes just fine lol

Comment

Light spectrum is usually not an issue, intensity and total light is what can upset a plant. Going from low to high or high to low will cause the plant to stress a little to adapt to the new lighting conditions. This is akin to moving plants from outdoors to indoors or vice versa. The stress however is usually handled very well and just takes a couple of days to condition itself for its new lighting environment.
        Written Articles:
        Light Metric Systems
        Using Light Efficiently
        The Light Cycle Debate
        Environment Conditions
        Grow Light Technologies
        How To Compare Grow Lights
        To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
        Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
        Facebook
        Twitter
        Instagram

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X