DWC root problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC root problem?

So I have a DWC 10 gallon bucket with two big bubble stones for air iv been using GH nutrients with cal-mag and hydro gaurd I have only been using half of recommendations besides the hydrogaurd because of root rot if I don't with that I do a reservoir clean every 2-3 weeks. Now I found 3 or 4 white looking stones found in the roots and are unsure of what they are when i was pulling them out then I put the plant in ph balanced water for a little and turned it all cloudy and today I did a reservoir change and with that the roots made the water very cloudy again. So is this normal or is there a problem with the roots

First time with DWC and still new to growing

You probably have pythium in your water supply somewhere. Have you checked your roots thoroughly to see if they're browning or if there's a bad smell that shouldn't be there? If so, I'd chop those few bad roots off and gently run the rest of the roots under some R.O. water before putting them back in a clean solution. However, if the majority of the roots are browning and rotting and stinking pretty bad, then you can try to save them by dunking them in some R.O. water with a bit of H2O2. When you clean your 10-gallon buckets, do you just clean them or do you completely disinfect them? Are you storing your water in a separate container before you mix your nutrients and add it to your buckets? If so, I'd disinfect that container as well. Hell, disinfect everything; the net pot, air hose, air stones, etc. What medium are you using? Rockwool, clay pebbles, coco, or? Either way, might want to also change that too. BTW, a close up pic of your root system would help.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• greenpumkinking
      greenpumkinking commented
      Editing a comment
      The roots have no browing no smell all seem to be well for that. For the reservoir I disinfect as well as the air stones and hoses. I'm growing in clay pellets. And a picture is nearly impossible as I'm the only person and the net pot is fastened to the lid and the hole I got for inspection is small and can't get light on the roots at the same time as a picture or would have attached sorry

greenpumkinking So you are saying that you can't lift your lid for a close inspection of roots or if you need to take them out of the lid and spray the roots?

If you can't get a real close look at your roots, it's impossible to diagnose the problem...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      King, I recommend that you change the reservoir once a week. And depending on what week of veg? flower? you are in, give her a flush for 24 hours with plain pH'd water every 4 weeks.

• greenpumkinking
      greenpumkinking commented
      Editing a comment
      I do a 3/4 water change every week and just started week 6 of veg and thanks for the advise on the flush

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome.

Is it possible that the nutrients in the clay and trapped by the rootball are creating the clouded water? When I drain my reservoir the nute water isn't clear but it wasn't clear when it went in. I pump my water in/out so my plants/reservoir/lid aren't moved. I do check pH and TDS (EC).
    First grow Bagseed and Acid Dough:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ough-by-ripper

First grow Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2642-first-dwc-grow

Second grow Monster Cropped Acid Dough:
    https://growdiaries.com/diaries/2920...clone-revegged

1000w HPS. (4) 136w LEDs. 48x96x80" flower tent. (1) 136w LED. (6) 13w cfls. 2x2x4' clone tent. DWC. House and Garden nutes: Aqua Flakes + supplements per HG DWC feeding schedule. Hydroguard.

Comment

For whatever reason Hydroguard always gives me cloudy water, stopped using it, no more cloudy. Don't know if your issue is the same but that was my experience with Hydroguard.
      The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
      Water Curing Experiment
      My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X