Molasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses

In reading on this site I learned you can use Blackstrap for your Plants my question is does it have to be blackstrap molasses? The store I went did not have that but had unsulphured molasses. I will try and attach a picture of the ingredient label so you can see what is in it. Thanks in advance.

As long as it's unsulfered.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

It is unsulfured. How much should I use per gallon of water and should I use it with each watering? Sorry to seem to be clueless but I feel that way sometimes. Thanks In Advance.

Comment

I start using it after she starts flowering, 1 to 2 tablespoons a gallon. I start with 1 tablespoon .
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Ok thank you. My girls are just about 3 weeks into flowering so I should get started.

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            From all the reading I've done on using molasses.. is basically it's a better form of nutrient.. has all the main things in your nutrient mix plus healthy sugars for the plant.. makes em nice and fat.. I switched solely to molasses few days ago buds seem to have doubled in size..

So when I first read this I had no idea about using molasses for growing now with what I read it only mention using molasses with soil could it be used in a hydro set up with a few other nutrients

Comment

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            "can" is a word

Yes it can be used in hydro, but it's a huge mess, cleaning afterwards. Or at least so I've read and it seems correct to me.

It's my understanding that molasses feeds the microbes in the soil that "tend" to the roots. There are some trace minerals but the major benefit is the sugars and nutrients to feed the microbes in the soil. The microbes break down the soil for the roots to absorb, basically.
          It can be given throughout the grow.
          Now giving molasses towards the end of flower has all sorts of reasoning. One can go on and on with all of the theories. But it is similar to the bud fattening products, basically sugars. Sugars the plant uses to bulk up the flowers. This is all in theory, I don't know all of the science behind it. Personally I think it's the microbes the whole grow. Hope to have helped some.
          Californiakid
          "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Calikid is right it just feeds the microbes in the soil. But it sure helps with the big buds at harvest lots cheaper than all the other stuff the nute companies try to sell. It drops your PH a half point a tablespoon. We been using it off an on for a long time.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Well I've been using it in hydro system I put it in a jug of filtered water and shake well till it's all resolved.. seems to have made a difference but it could all be in my head.. if it's not though it could be proof it helps in hydro too I also believe I've read atleast one other grower mention using it.. lol all in my head(I am high)

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd really like to hear your thoughts on clean-up, when it comes around. Are you running a drip feed,

• Daskahn
                Daskahn commented
                Editing a comment
                No drip feed pure bubbles lol so I'm guessing at max I'll have to clean the bottom of he tote... or just buy a new 5$ tote... hmm to clean or to be frivolous eh I'm gonna clean just to give me input lol

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea that'll work, lol.

I'm a bit sketchy about running it through my submersible pumps on an E&F still.

From what I can see from the pic. That's plantion unsulfered mo. I use it all the time in small amounts works well good luck

Comment

Not to sound to dumb if I start giving the plants Molasses do I quit giving them other Nutes. Currently I am feeding Bat Guano for P and Super Thrive for N as my understanding is my girls don't need al lot of N now and feeding Potash.for K,, Just need to know once I start the Molasses if I still need to feed other nutes. Thanks in advance and thanks to all who have answered.
                Last edited by chicks; 08-29-2017, 06:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to say I am also giving them Cal/Mag

Comment

• Daskahn
                  Daskahn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For my understanding if you grow in soil it's good to give molasses on top of nutes nutes feed your plant molasses feeds the bacteria that helps your plants..

In hydro however some people use bacteria killing charms to keep roots healthy so both will be to help the plant..
                  I'm assuming you could feed both..
                  but I'm using molasses without nutes to help the taste of the fruit cause I'm nearing harvest

• greenpumkinking
                  greenpumkinking commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There are people who use just molasses for dirt with no other nutrients from seed to harvest it helps break down the dirt for the plant to absorb. In a hydro set up people are using just molasses as well but have been having a hard time growing first few times because it makes other issues like ph balance and diagnostic of the plant harder so people are using a little bit of nutrient for the help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X