Can I use Zeolite instead of Perlite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use Zeolite instead of Perlite?

Can I use Zeolite instead of Perlite? I'm in a small town far away from everything and can only find zeolite.

Howdy craftygirl, Check the bag to see if it lists any information about it's pH. If nothing is listed, obtain a small amount, place it in water (that has been checked for the pH level), let it soak for a while (an hour or two), and then check the pH for the water to see if there was any change in the pH level. I f there was no great change, then it is most likely ok to use. You could let it sit over night to be sure.
    Good luck wiyh Your growing.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Yes, both are inert rock products, that perform similar functions in soil.
      Organic only soil grower
      Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
      Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

thanks for the help

Comment

Amazon has perlite at a good price and delivers to your door, https://www.amazon.com/Espoma-PR8-8-...ywords=perlite

Comment

Zeolite is not an inert rock product, it is a mineral (either naturally occurring or synthetic) that is used as an absorbent or as a catalyst. The issue you might have is that zeolites will potentially absorb and lock up nutrients or water. They are not like perlite which is not absorbent, they suck up everything. I'd avoid them, they are basically the opposite of what you want.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X